Pistol grip options

Holsters, lights, or any kind of accessory

Pistol grip options

Postby Lumpy on Thu Aug 22, 2024 10:09 am

Having recently renewed my carry permit, I was surprised to discover in class that my hands are really a little too small for a proper grip on my handgun, at least with their factory grips. Before I get serious about carrying routinely and taking self-defense courses I'd really like to address this first. The problem is that my Beretta 90-TWO* is an odd beast that is now virtually unsupported anymore. Beretta itself has exactly one set of smaller grips for it, currently listed as temporarily (as in until Judgment Day?) unavailable. There are lots of people who manufacture custom grips but I suffered sticker shock when I researched what they typically charge. What would you do?

*Yes, the Beretta 90-TWO is not the same as the 92. Just different enough to make lots of things incompatible between them. :cry:
Lumpy

Re: Pistol grip options

Postby Sorcerer on Thu Aug 22, 2024 2:08 pm

How much smaller do you need. Years ago I had a Ruger 22 Mark 1 that I had bought used and it had custom target grips. I would have like a set of OEM black grips for it but couldn’t ether find used ones or as you sticker shock. Took my belt sander and put it upside down in the bench vice and went to work. In the end I ended up with exactly what fit my hand minus any checkering. My out look was that if they didn’t work out I could rationalize buying different grips. Do note that I did have to go find where the sander launched them to more than once. Welder gloves are essential to keeping finder nails and finer prints in place.
Sorcerer

Re: Pistol grip options

Postby Lumpy on Thu Aug 22, 2024 9:11 pm

If anyone wanted to have a go at reducing the current grips in size, I'd pay fair rate for the work. Myself, I know I don't have the experience not to mess it up.
Lumpy

Return to Accessories