Biden drops out, endorses Harris.

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Biden drops out, endorses Harris.

Postby Lumpy on Fri Aug 02, 2024 9:03 am

Ranb wrote:I think it is very gun owning American's duty to bad mouth Trump until the RNC gets their head out of their ass and nominates a more suitable candidate.

Do gun rights proponents even have a lobby within the RNC? As far as I can see the RNC cares about abortion, immigration, Christian values, isolationism, and opposing transsexuals. I don't think the 'Pubs would even notice if gun owners boycotted them.
Lumpy

Postby Ranb on Sat Aug 03, 2024 2:32 pm

I think the closest we come to having a pro-gun voice in the GOP right now is Vance. But unless he turns away from the GOP's current, unofficial, anti-gun agenda, it will not matter.
My gun collection has killed at least five fewer people than the Kennedy clan has with automobiles, airplanes and golf clubs.
Ranb

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Aug 04, 2024 7:19 am

Ranb wrote:I think the closest we come to having a pro-gun voice in the GOP right now is Vance. But unless he turns away from the GOP's current, unofficial, anti-gun agenda, it will not matter.

Can you articulate this anti gun agenda that exists within the gop?
Holland&Holland

Postby Ranb on Sun Aug 04, 2024 7:48 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
Ranb wrote:I think the closest we come to having a pro-gun voice in the GOP right now is Vance. But unless he turns away from the GOP's current, unofficial, anti-gun agenda, it will not matter.

I've brought it up before. Trump's gun grab, his push to confiscate guns without due process and his desire to raise the age to buy gun from 18 to 21. Trump has hardly received any push back from other Republicans. So despite their pro-gun platform, they are actually anti-gun for the most part. Even the NRA is onboard with this crap as they want trump re-elected.
My gun collection has killed at least five fewer people than the Kennedy clan has with automobiles, airplanes and golf clubs.
Ranb

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Aug 04, 2024 9:55 am

Ranb wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:

I've brought it up before. Trump's gun grab, his push to confiscate guns without due process and his desire to raise the age to buy gun from 18 to 21. Trump has hardly received any push back from other Republicans. So despite their pro-gun platform, they are actually anti-gun for the most part. Even the NRA is onboard with this crap as they want trump re-elected.

Links? Evidence? Anyone other than Trump?
Holland&Holland

Postby Ranb on Sun Aug 04, 2024 3:11 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:Links? Evidence? Anyone other than Trump?

Evidence for what? I've already posted links to Trump's anti-gun activities. Evidence of push back from the GOP? I don't have any at all; cannot if it doesn't exist.

Here is Trump's anti-gun agenda, again.

Trump's push for gun confiscation without due process.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxgybgEKHHI
Trump's gun grab.
https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/FR- ... -27763.pdf
Trump wants to raise age to buy guns. https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/t ... re-weapons
Ranb

Postby Jackpine Savage on Sun Aug 04, 2024 4:57 pm

Mark Smith from the Four Boxes Diner talks about the stupidity of not voting for Trump in this election. He gives Rittenhouse a pass because he's young. How old are you RanB? Fourteen minutes or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QM9jCCW1V4

Jackpine Savage

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Aug 04, 2024 7:13 pm

Ranb wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:Links? Evidence? Anyone other than Trump?

Evidence for what? I've already posted links to Trump's anti-gun activities. Evidence of push back from the GOP? I don't have any at all; cannot if it doesn't exist.

Here is Trump's anti-gun agenda, again.

Trump's push for gun confiscation without due process.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxgybgEKHHI
Trump's gun grab.
https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/FR- ... -27763.pdf
Trump wants to raise age to buy guns. https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/t ... re-weapons

I will give you the bump stock one. However no one was willing to die on that hill. The other two he never took action on.

Who do you have who doesn’t have the same in their past?
Holland&Holland

Postby Ranb on Sun Aug 04, 2024 8:05 pm

No one was willing to die on that hill? By that you mean not a single GOP politician was going to go to bat for the half a million law abiding Americans who had their property ordered to be destroyed or confiscated without compensation? Why should any politician, GOP or Democrat, be worthy of their office who does not oppose that kind of stealing?

So if a politician wants a gun grab, gun ban, or other restrictions, it does not count if they do not accomplish it? It is obvious to the most casual observer, that Obama was anti-gun. He wanted his own AWB, but Congress did not pass it and he never got to sign it. Obama's 23 executive actions did not cost anyone their guns. Does this mean in your eyes that Obama was not anti-gun? Or does that kind of "get out of jail free" card only apply to the GOP?

Who do I have that does not have a gun grab in their past? Of all of the candidate I've mentioned, none of them are gun grabbers other than Trump and Biden. That is who I have.
Ranb

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Aug 04, 2024 8:16 pm

Ranb wrote:No one was willing to die on that hill? By that you mean not a single GOP politician was going to go to bat for the half a million law abiding Americans who had their property ordered to be destroyed or confiscated without compensation? Why should any politician, GOP or Democrat, be worthy of their office who does not oppose that kind of stealing?

So if a politician wants a gun grab, gun ban, or other restrictions, it does not count if they do not accomplish it? It is obvious to the most casual observer, that Obama was anti-gun. He wanted his own AWB, but Congress did not pass it and he never got to sign it. Obama's 23 executive actions did not cost anyone their guns. Does this mean in your eyes that Obama was not anti-gun? Or does that kind of "get out of jail free" card only apply to the GOP?

Who do I have that does not have a gun grab in their past? Of all of the candidate I've mentioned, none of them are gun grabbers other than Trump and Biden. That is who I have.

So once again no answer? Who can win who is not a gun graber by your opinion?
Holland&Holland

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Aug 04, 2024 8:22 pm

Ranb wrote:No one was willing to die on that hill? By that you mean not a single GOP politician was going to go to bat for the half a million law abiding Americans who had their property ordered to be destroyed or confiscated without compensation? Why should any politician, GOP or Democrat, be worthy of their office who does not oppose that kind of stealing?

Wait, so you are going for Harris? And you believe she is not a gun grabber? You are on the wrong forum for that.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ranb on Sun Aug 04, 2024 8:50 pm

Jackpine Savage wrote:Mark Smith from the Four Boxes Diner talks about the stupidity of not voting for Trump in this election. He gives Rittenhouse a pass because he's young. How old are you RanB? Fourteen minutes or so.

I'm in my 60's, old enough to know better.

Smith says Harris is 100% against guns; probably true.

Smith talks about the judges Trump gave us. Says the Supreme court "knocked out" the bump stocks case, without giving Trump credit for that gun grab in the first place.

Smith says Harris will pick federal judges that hate the 2nd Amendment; probably true. Interesting he says that, the GOP picked Trump who hates the 2nd Amendment.

Says Harris will use an EO to say that all semi-auto rifles are the same as machine guns. He talks about how we would not be able to register our "new" machine guns as the registry is closed. He does not give Reagan credit for signing the bill that closed the registry.

Claims that Harris' judges will support her EO to make semi-autos machine guns. This idea was exactly what the Supreme Court recently rejected. Does anyone here think that the Supreme court will allow a Harris overreach on defining machine guns to stand, when they struck down Trump's? I think they would reverse a Harris gun grab if she did it in the same manner as Trump and Biden did.

Smith asks if we would give up bump stocks, but in exchange we get, replacement of liberal judges with conservatives ones. It is not something that can happen as the result of Trump being in the White House for four more years. The three liberal judges on the Supreme Court are very likely to outlast a 2nd Trump administration. Trump can pack the lessor benches with judges that respect the 2nd Amendment though.

Smith claims Trump is very good on the 2A. This is simply not true. He neglects to say anything about Trump's other gun confiscation plan or his desire to raise age limits. He says nothing about how the GOP pissed away two years of them controlling the White House and Congress from 2017 to 2019 and did little or nothing to ease restrictions on gun possession or use.

After the Vegas shooting, Smith claims Trump had a choice of banning bump stocks by executive order or letting Congress ban them. Did he forget that the president can veto a bill and that Congress did not have the votes to override a veto in 2019?

Calling Trump's gun grab a wise move was stupid. Claims Trump is 100% on the 2nd Amendment; this is obviously false. Remember, Trump likes to "take the guns 1st". Trump does not like the Constitution either; he suggests it can be suspended.
Ranb

Postby Ranb on Sun Aug 04, 2024 8:53 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:Wait, so you are going for Harris? And you believe she is not a gun grabber? You are on the wrong forum for that.

Harris does not have my vote. Why are you suggesting this?

What guns has Harris grabbed? You can link to legislation she voted for that resulted in a gun grab? Did she write any executive action that resulted in a gun grab?

You support gun grabber Trump. This is the wrong forum for that.
Ranb

Postby Ranb on Sun Aug 04, 2024 8:56 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:So once again no answer? Who can win who is not a gun graber by your opinion?

I answered that question a while back. Nikki Haley. Trump just needs to drop out and endorse her.

Why can't you answer my questions? They are right there in the post you quoted. Do you think is Obama anti-gun or not? Can you explain why?
Ranb

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Aug 04, 2024 10:30 pm

Ranb wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:Wait, so you are going for Harris? And you believe she is not a gun grabber? You are on the wrong forum for that.

Harris does not have my vote. Why are you suggesting this?

What guns has Harris grabbed? You can link to legislation she voted for that resulted in a gun grab? Did she write any executive action that resulted in a gun grab?

You support gun grabber Trump. This is the wrong forum for that.

Then which of the 2 are you voting for?
Holland&Holland

PreviousNext

Return to In The News