British man hacked to death

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: British man hacked to death

Postby Heffay on Sun May 26, 2013 7:08 am

bensdad wrote:Muslims would have us all in chains, underground or converted.

:rotf:

Tman, do you agree with this guy?
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby Dick Unger on Sun May 26, 2013 7:19 am

The group "Muslims" is about a third of the world. You wind up blaming all kinds of folks who don't think that way. It's like blaming all "gun owners" for the acts of a very few the rest of us don't associate with.

You cannot tell all Muslims they have to explain this. It's like when the antis called on "gun owners" to explain why we were responsible for Newtown. It's a pregnant question.

These things whould not be questions in a rational world. Everyone should be cooperate to foil criminals. But when you cast aspirations on a group that didn't do it, they are not likly to cooperate with you; they'll probably try to stay away from the subject.
Dick Unger

Postby goalie on Sun May 26, 2013 7:23 am

bensdad wrote:
Islam is just a religion and can easily be practiced responsibly just like Christianity.

This comment is so full of... fail/naivete/misdirection/untruth... One hardly knows where to begin. How is killing homosexuals responsible? How is imprisoning women for being raped responsible? How is blowing up buildings responsible? How is leveling the churches of other faiths responsible? How is refusing educational opportunities to women responsible? How is a world-wide pants-pooping session because your prophet was drawn funny responsible?

Muslims would have us all in chains, underground or converted. They are allowed to: let women wear shorts, eat a ham sammich, have a beer with the neighbor, shake hands with a homosexual, let their daughter go to school, etc. etc. etc. SO LONG AS IT FURTHERS THE CAUSE OF ISLAM. You think you see a bunch of moderate, peace-loving Muslims. What you really see is people who have read - and are following - the word of Allah.

I think a couple kiddies on here are either Muslim, or are buried so deep in the religion of equality (possibly because they themselves are a member of a persecuted group) that the obvious truth of Islam escapes their perception.

Reminds me of Christianity a few hundred years ago. You know, before people quit taking the whole first part of the bible so damn literally. But, hey, that doesn't count since it was a long time ago, right?

:roll:
It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it.
goalie

Postby tluchsinger on Sun May 26, 2013 8:30 am

9.[2.191] And kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from whence they drove you out, and persecution is severer than slaughter, and do not fight with them at the Sacred Mosque until they fight with you in it, but if they do fight you, then slay them; such is the recompense of the unbelievers.
10.[2.254] O you who believe! spend out of what We have given you before the day comes in which there is no bargaining, neither any friendship nor intercession, and the unbelievers-- they are the unjust

1.[3.28] Let not the believers take the unbelievers for friends rather than believers; and whoever does this, he shall have nothing of (the guardianship of) Allah, but you should guard yourselves against them, guarding carefully; and Allah makes you cautious of (retribution from) Himself; and to Allah is the eventual coming.
2.[3.32] Say: Obey Allah and the Apostle; but if they turn back, then surely Allah does not love the unbelievers.
3.[3.91] Surely, those who disbelieve and die while they are unbelievers, the earth full of gold shall not be accepted from one of them, though he should offer to ransom himself with it, these it is who shall have a painful chastisement, and they shall have no helpers.
4.[3.100] O you who believe! if you obey a party from among those who have been given the Book, they will turn you back as unbelievers after you have believed.
5.[3.131] And guard yourselves against the fire which has been prepared for the unbelievers.
6.[3.141] And that He may purge those who believe and deprive the unbelievers of blessings.
7.[3.165] What! when a misfortune befell you, and you had certainly afflicted (the unbelievers) with twice as much, you began to say: Whence is this? Say: It is from yourselves; surely Allah has power over all things.

its right there in the koran kill the unblevers,

You can fight a nation but You can't fight a religon, or an idea!!
tluchsinger

Postby TommyMN on Sun May 26, 2013 8:56 am

I love how pink pony hasn't responded to how he hasn't read the Quran or hasn't spent any time in an area where Islam is the law. Zero real world experience. 100% google searching troll.
TommyMN

Postby goalie on Sun May 26, 2013 10:43 am

tluchsinger wrote:9.[2.191] And kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from whence they drove you out, and persecution is severer than slaughter, and do not fight with them at the Sacred Mosque until they fight with you in it, but if they do fight you, then slay them; such is the recompense of the unbelievers.
10.[2.254] O you who believe! spend out of what We have given you before the day comes in which there is no bargaining, neither any friendship nor intercession, and the unbelievers-- they are the unjust

1.[3.28] Let not the believers take the unbelievers for friends rather than believers; and whoever does this, he shall have nothing of (the guardianship of) Allah, but you should guard yourselves against them, guarding carefully; and Allah makes you cautious of (retribution from) Himself; and to Allah is the eventual coming.
2.[3.32] Say: Obey Allah and the Apostle; but if they turn back, then surely Allah does not love the unbelievers.
3.[3.91] Surely, those who disbelieve and die while they are unbelievers, the earth full of gold shall not be accepted from one of them, though he should offer to ransom himself with it, these it is who shall have a painful chastisement, and they shall have no helpers.
4.[3.100] O you who believe! if you obey a party from among those who have been given the Book, they will turn you back as unbelievers after you have believed.
5.[3.131] And guard yourselves against the fire which has been prepared for the unbelievers.
6.[3.141] And that He may purge those who believe and deprive the unbelievers of blessings.
7.[3.165] What! when a misfortune befell you, and you had certainly afflicted (the unbelievers) with twice as much, you began to say: Whence is this? Say: It is from yourselves; surely Allah has power over all things.

Do you really want me to start quoting the Old Testament?
goalie

Postby TommyMN on Sun May 26, 2013 12:05 pm

goalie wrote:
tluchsinger wrote:9.[2.191] And kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from whence they drove you out, and persecution is severer than slaughter, and do not fight with them at the Sacred Mosque until they fight with you in it, but if they do fight you, then slay them; such is the recompense of the unbelievers.

Do you really want me to start quoting the Old Testament?

Don't eat shrimp!
TommyMN

Postby tman on Sun May 26, 2013 12:40 pm

Heffay wrote:

Mostly, no.
Badged Thug & MN Permit to Carry Instructor
Slowly growing 1911 Glock collection. Donations accepted
tman

Postby XDM45 on Sun May 26, 2013 3:22 pm

NMRMN wrote:All you anti-religion genius's might want to consider the following. When societies allow the free practice of religion, it is a good thing. It is a reflection of a government's respect for the individual's inalienable rights. Even the term 'inalienable rights' is derived from the notion that our creator has endowed us with certain rights that no government can take away!

1) Any government does not give you rights, merely defines, limits and/or removes them.

2) As for the practice of religion being a good thing, "good" is relative and subjective; and I agree that people should be allowed to practice if if they so choose...do as you will, harm none. The problem as I see it with the practicing of it, is in infringes upon my rights and freedoms. How so you ask?

- I have JWs coming to the door to "save" me because their religion tells them to go and proselytize, My beliefs do not. I promise to never knock on your door and try to change your beliefs or sell you some line of bs.

- During Lent, I see more fish commercials advertised on TV and the lines are longer at some fast food places due to the extra traffic because their Religious beliefs and practices limit them from eating meat during the time of Lent. If I choose to not eat meat, it doesn't affect you. When the Religious do it, it affects me.

- I have people (politicians) in office, LEOs, people working in the government on the local, state, and national level in all sorts of areas, who make decisions which are influenced by their religious beliefs and tenets, all of which end up affecting me in ways seen and unseen, known and unknown.

I could go on, but you get the idea. I want to write this as a post, not a book which shows all the various ways Religion intrudes itself upon the lives of others.

So if your religion says to toss a punch, that's fine.... but your right to toss than punch ends where my nose begins.... the problem is that doesn't happen. Religion punches others all the time. Let's face it, if it wasn't for Religion, the gay people would have been able to marry a long time ago because marriage would have been looked at in a strictly contractual and civil point of view versus also from a Religious one. Listed above are only some of the "punches" thrown by Religion, but there are many, many more I and others could list.

3) WWJD? We he call us "anti-religion genius's"? Not very Christ-like. I have to agree with Gandhi. I like your Christ, but I don't like your Christians. They aren't very Christ-like.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby bensdad on Sun May 26, 2013 6:30 pm

tman wrote:
Heffay wrote:

Mostly, no.

How many more terrorist attacks will it take before you "mostly, yes" agree with me? Pick a number, then stick with it. I'll see ya on this side of the fence soon.
I got nothin'
bensdad

Postby infidel on Sun May 26, 2013 6:56 pm

goalie wrote:
bensdad wrote:
Islam is just a religion and can easily be practiced responsibly just like Christianity.

This comment is so full of... fail/naivete/misdirection/untruth... One hardly knows where to begin. How is killing homosexuals responsible? How is imprisoning women for being raped responsible? How is blowing up buildings responsible? How is leveling the churches of other faiths responsible? How is refusing educational opportunities to women responsible? How is a world-wide pants-pooping session because your prophet was drawn funny responsible?

Muslims would have us all in chains, underground or converted. They are allowed to: let women wear shorts, eat a ham sammich, have a beer with the neighbor, shake hands with a homosexual, let their daughter go to school, etc. etc. etc. SO LONG AS IT FURTHERS THE CAUSE OF ISLAM. You think you see a bunch of moderate, peace-loving Muslims. What you really see is people who have read - and are following - the word of Allah.

I think a couple kiddies on here are either Muslim, or are buried so deep in the religion of equality (possibly because they themselves are a member of a persecuted group) that the obvious truth of Islam escapes their perception.

Reminds me of Christianity a few hundred years ago. You know, before people quit taking the whole first part of the bible so damn literally. But, hey, that doesn't count since it was a long time ago, right?

:roll:

There was something called the Reformation for Christianity.

Currently there is only ONE mainstream worldwide religion that still advocates the subjugation, taxation or death of non-believers.

Please identify leaders of any other religion than Islam that CURRENTLY advocates the death of non-believers.

I am amazed at those with alternative lifestyles could defend Islam.
“If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.” - John Ashley

Disclaimer: Do not assume from this post, that I either agree or disagree with any other issue brought up in this thread.
infidel

Postby goalie on Sun May 26, 2013 7:24 pm

infidel wrote:
There was something called the Reformation for Christianity.

Currently there is only ONE mainstream worldwide religion that still advocates the subjugation, taxation or death of non-believers.

Please identify leaders of any other religion than Islam that CURRENTLY advocates the death of non-believers.

I am amazed at those with alternative lifestyles could defend Islam.

There is a huge difference between pointing out the potential evils of ALL religions and defending ANY religion. YOUR religion is just as bloody as any religion on the planet.

FWIW, I don't know who has the alternative lifestyle that you refer to, but it isn't me.
goalie

Postby tluchsinger on Sun May 26, 2013 7:30 pm

all religon is based on war, exept maybe native american not sure on that one.
tluchsinger

Postby NMRMN on Sun May 26, 2013 11:14 pm

Heffay wrote:No no no! Radicalization is the link between all the terrorists.

What about radical pacifism? :o

1) Any government does not give you rights, merely defines, limits and/or removes them.

Says who? the noodly appendage of XDM45'ism?

- I have JWs coming to the door to "save" me because their religion tells them to go and proselytize

Knocking on your door is infringing on your rights? Put a sign up. Get a gate, land, etc. Get a dog.

- During Lent, I see more fish commercials advertised on TV and the lines are longer at some fast food places due to the extra traffic because their Religious beliefs and practices limit them from eating meat during the time of Lent.

It sounds more like you want to infringe on other people's rights to trade freely. Too bad if they don't serve the food you like ehh?

- I have people (politicians) in office, LEOs, people working in the government on the local, state, and national level in all sorts of areas, who make decisions which are influenced by their religious beliefs and tenets, all of which end up affecting me

hmmm... Most of us have that same problem, one way or another.

3) WWJD? We he call us "anti-religion genius's"? Not very Christ-like. I have to agree with Gandhi. I like your Christ, but I don't like your Christians. They aren't very Christ-like.

Follow Him then -- not me.

I could go on, but you get the idea. I want to write this as a post, not a book which shows all the various ways Religion intrudes itself upon the lives of others.

Your secularism intrudes on me too. And about 56 million unborn babies since 1973 as well.

goalie wrote:There is a huge difference between pointing out the potential evils of ALL religions and defending ANY religion. YOUR religion is just as bloody as any religion on the planet.

Is government a religion?

http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/20TH.HTM
I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.
Member GOA | GOCRA | NRA
NMRMN

Postby XDM45 on Wed May 29, 2013 6:46 pm

Says who? the noodly appendage of XDM45'ism?

If there is no law against it, it is legal. However, that doesn't mean that they won't try and fit your actions under another law so they can go after you for it.

Knocking on your door is infringing on your rights? Put a sign up. Get a gate, land, etc. Get a dog.
I have a sign. They ignore it. Next time I will anwser it naked. See what that does.

It sounds more like you want to infringe on other people's rights to trade freely. Too bad if they don't serve the food you like ehh?
They are free to trade, no problem with that, but I don't want to see it or be delayed by it.

hmmm... Most of us have that same problem, one way or another.
Sad but true, and thus my point validated.

Follow Him then -- not me.
I follow no one. I lead my own way.

Your secularism intrudes on me too. And about 56 million unborn babies since 1973 as well.
Logic also intrudes upon Religion.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

PreviousNext

Return to In The News