Purchased my M&P9C tonight!

Discussion of handguns

Purchased my M&P9C tonight!

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Tue May 14, 2013 7:30 pm

Finally got my S&W M&P9C tonight from the same dealer I bought my M&P9 fullsize from. Feels amazing! Love this gun!

And then there were 3...
"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
PHATSPEED7x

Re: Purchased my M&P9C tonight!

Postby Thunder71 on Tue May 14, 2013 7:37 pm

They multiply... just need a Shield now. :D
Thunder71

Re: Re: Purchased my M&P9C tonight!

Postby IDPA Shooter on Tue May 14, 2013 7:58 pm

Thunder71 wrote:They multiply... just need a Shield now. :D

Agree, I was shocked to see I had more M&P's than Glocks. Worse, as a Glock guy its really hard to admit I shoot them better too.

Sent from my Xoom
Bob Jahn NRA CRSO, IDPA 5 Gunner
USCCA Certified Training Counselor
NRA Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun, Advanced Pistol Instructor
Massad Ayoob Group Instructor
Defense Training Intl (John Farnam) Instructor

http://www.rejfirearmstraining.com
IDPA Shooter

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Wed May 15, 2013 9:44 am

I'm glad I finally was able to get the M&P collection to where I want it to be. I have the M&P22 for training, the M&P9 fullsize for home defense, and the M&P9C for carry. The M&P fits me so great, and I shoot them really well. I have a feeling once my dad shoots the M&P9C he is going to want one also.
"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
PHATSPEED7x

Postby scottrodmn on Wed May 15, 2013 12:28 pm

I got the same collection in my safe....Debating on the shield cause my 9C is doing me just fine as an EDC...Might have to move to the M&P15 family...that 22 is calling to me.
scottrodmn

Postby Rem700 on Thu May 16, 2013 7:19 pm

PHATSPEED7x wrote:I'm glad I finally was able to get the M&P collection to where I want it to be. I have the M&P22 for training, the M&P9 fullsize for home defense, and the M&P9C for carry. The M&P fits me so great, and I shoot them really well. I have a feeling once my dad shoots the M&P9C he is going to want one also.

How is the fullsize better for HD then the compact?
“The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.”
Thomas Jefferson

If your not behind our troops please stand infront of them.
Rem700

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Thu May 16, 2013 10:42 pm

Rem700 wrote:
PHATSPEED7x wrote:I'm glad I finally was able to get the M&P collection to where I want it to be. I have the M&P22 for training, the M&P9 fullsize for home defense, and the M&P9C for carry. The M&P fits me so great, and I shoot them really well. I have a feeling once my dad shoots the M&P9C he is going to want one also.

How is the fullsize better for HD then the compact?

Just my personal preference...
PHATSPEED7x

Postby farmer44mag on Fri May 17, 2013 8:03 pm

Didn't you recently get a G26 gen. 4 for carry??? Did something go wrong with that gun or do you still have it??
Glocks-- 17,19,26 in 9mm and the 21 and 36 in .45auto-- S&W M&P Shield 9mm
Ruger LCP and LCR
Bolt and lever guns for deer
Buckmark and M@P .22 pistols for summer varmint carry
Mini-14 and Rem. 870 for all types of vermin.
farmer44mag

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Fri May 17, 2013 9:32 pm

farmer44mag wrote:Didn't you recently get a G26 gen. 4 for carry??? Did something go wrong with that gun or do you still have it??

I sold it to fund this purchase. Nothing wrong with the glock. I've just never been really a glock person. I've owned all the versions of the 9mm except for a glock 34. They are good guns, but just couldn't really warm up to them.

My first handgun was a Smith and Wesson Sigma 9mm, and I would hate to say it... I preferred that over the Glock 19 I use to own. The M&P series of pistols I really love. They fit my hand like a glove, and are just as reliable as a Glock. Plus I like the fact they are made in the USA, and come with a lifetime service policy.
PHATSPEED7x

Postby farmer44mag on Sat May 18, 2013 7:35 am

Yeah, I really love my new Shield-- it shoots and handles AMAZING for such a small, thin pistol. And so easy to hide and carry. And just feels great in the hand.

M&P .22 has been flawless functioning for me as well with bulk hollowpoints. Still waiting for a new roll pin for the slide- it has been walking out some every 50 rounds. Also still waiting for extra mags....

If i wasn't so heavily invested in Glocks and glock mags i would consider some more M&P's for sure. My Glocks are all pretty flawless though- hard to justify a switch.

I have been recommending M&P's over Glocks now to friends and relatives after having my 2 now.

My wife's SR9 is also flawless now past 800rds. Can't knock it but M&P seems a little better built and finished.
Ruger LCP and LCR
farmer44mag

Postby gun_fan111 on Sat May 18, 2013 10:03 am

Anybody here owns M&P and XD? How do they compare? I have always preferred XDs over Glocks, but am starting to wonder about m&p after reading this thread :-)
Did you just buy that beautiful firearm, or are you trying to sell that piece of crap?
gun_fan111

Postby farmer44mag on Sat May 18, 2013 11:08 am

I have handled the XD's some at the shops- the grip feels good but when i grip it my thumb hits the slide stop lever in a way i don't like. I also don't care for the mag release on both sides- same with SR9- see possibility of it getting bump released when carried on the side outward of body. Much prefer the reversable mag. catch of M&P.

Also don't like the higher bore axis of XD- havn't fired one though to see if this really matters-- just used to low bore axis of all my pistols.

Also don't care for the LCI on both SR9 and XD's. Gets in way for cleaning breech face and just plain don't care for it. May remove it on my wifes SR9.

I added the rubbery pebble textured Talon grips to my Shield and G26-- really helps alot. Used the sandpaper version on a couple other guns- those really work well but not against the skin for carry.
Ruger LCP and LCR
farmer44mag

Re: Re: Purchased my M&P9C tonight!

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Sat May 18, 2013 1:33 pm

gun_fan111 wrote:Anybody here owns M&P and XD? How do they compare? I have always preferred XDs over Glocks, but am starting to wonder about m&p after reading this thread :-)

I was a xd owner before I was a m&p owner... grips are similar. My dad carries my old xd9 subcompact. I'll have to get some pics of the two together.

Here are some pics of my old glock 26 gen4 and m&p9c together...

PHATSPEED7x

Postby Jbotto on Sat May 18, 2013 8:36 pm

The more I compare a few of the pistols lately, the more the M&P9c allures me. I could very easily see myself buying one next as my next carry gun.
Jbotto

Postby Rem700 on Sun May 19, 2013 4:41 pm

Owned 3 XDs before switching to M&Ps only thing I didnt like as already mentioned the high bore axis,
IMHO it made recoil a little more and also made it feel top heavy in the hand YMMV
“The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.”
Thomas Jefferson

If your not behind our troops please stand infront of them.
Rem700

Next

Return to Handguns