Important: Discussion about North 2nd Saturday Breakfast!

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Important: Discussion about North 2nd Saturday Breakfast!

Postby nyffman on Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:19 am

hammAR wrote:Just tell them that we a muslem and bringing our ACLU attorney with us................ :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

Postby JoeH on Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:24 am

cmj685 wrote:Then I say, "Now this is a gun club and some of the guys and woman may be wearing their guns as they are coming from or going to shooting. You wouldn't know they had guns since the guns will be concealed, but some of them might. Would that be a problem?"

It's up to you on how you set up your event. I do think that you should tell those attending that the restaurant has been told that members of the party will be carrying. Most of us carry concealed for good reasons.

Your example confirms my assumption that it's only a big deal if WE make it a big deal. Give them a chance to get to know our group before we engage their irrational thoughts on guns.
Joe
Not a Glock Certified Armorer
JoeH

Postby cmj685 on Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:06 am

Continuing with the update here: I visited several restaurants this morning, all without mentioning the gun subject. Pippins in Roseville--manager said he just couldn't accommodate a group at 9:00 AM on Saturday. He said if we wanted to make it about 11:00 he could probably do that but they are packed with a line out the door at 9:00 AM. Countryside in Roseville--they weren't open yet for the day since during the week they open later in the morning. They are open at 8:00 AM on weekends. I peeked in and it looked like they had a nice space so I will call and talk to them. Riches in Mounds View (Hwy 10 and H). No room for a group together at all, small restaurant with only individual booths.
I will get out Maplewood way next and scout out that situation. Thanks for all your continuing feedback!
I do not believe in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.
cmj685

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat