Taurus Warranty Question

Discussion of handguns

Taurus Warranty Question

Postby Flip on Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:55 pm

Hi All,

I hear that Taurus has a lifetime warranty on their pistols ... question is - is it only for the original owner?

Thanks in advance

Flip
It seems that politicians are most useful when they accomplish nothing at all
Flip

Re: Taurus Warranty Question

Postby justaguy on Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:05 pm

The Taurus Unlimited Lifetime Repair Policy™ is just that. The lifetime of the gun...not the buyer. This is the first warranty of its type in the industry. No other manufacturer has the confidence to extend this kind of offer. Except us. We know how good our guns are, and we are not afraid to stand behind them...for a lifetime.

Simply put, our unprecedented repair policy stands firmly behind every firearm imported or manufactured by Taurus International. The full terms are we will repair your Taurus firearm

FREE OF CHARGE for the lifetime of the firearm

We at Taurus are totally committed to the very highest standards of quality, dependability, and most of all, customer satisfaction. Our Unlimited Lifetime Repair Policy assures you of that commitment. Should you need to take advantage of our repair policy, please follow the directions on the shipping instruction link and our work order form, which you can print out and send in with your firearm. We don't expect you to need it, but in the rare instance that you do, it's all right here for you.

Our Unlimited Lifetime Repair Policy extends to all Taurus firearms imported or manufactured by Taurus International Manufacturing, Inc.

This warranty does not cover grips, sights, accessories, cosmetic defects after one year, or damage caused by customer abuse at any time. Taurus will not be responsible for these items.

http://www.taurususa.com/main/repair-policy.cfm
WWTNSTKBLD
(What Would The Navy SEALs That Killed Bin Laden Do)
justaguy

Postby Thunderjohn on Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:11 pm

Just don't expect to see your gun anytime soon, once you send it in. And I'd recommend sending it in yourself
( through FedEx or UPS, overnight of course ) It seems to speed up the return process as they will send it
directly back to you.

My dealer had to fax his license 3 times and it still took 2 more weeks after the gun was repaired.
The total time my gun was with them was about 10 weeks. No parts, just an adjustment.

I had a few nice Taurus pistols, but I got so fed up with their poor CS that I sold them.
FFL - http://www.Southwest-Arms.com
God, Family, Business
Emails to SouthwestArms@Gmail.com
Thunderjohn

Postby justaguy on Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:11 pm

I should add I have never had to deal with them, and if you do I would like to hear your opinion of them.
WWTNSTKBLD
justaguy

Postby justaguy on Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:21 pm

Thunderjohn wrote:Just don't expect to see your gun anytime soon, once you send it in. And I'd recommend sending it in yourself
( through FedEx or UPS, overnight of course ) It seems to speed up the return process as they will send it
directly back to you.

My dealer had to fax his license 3 times and it still took 2 more weeks after the gun was repaired.
The total time my gun was with them was about 10 weeks. No parts, just an adjustment.

I had a few nice Taurus pistols, but I got so fed up with their poor CS that I sold them.

Those are the same rumors I have heard elsewhere on the net.
WWTNSTKBLD
justaguy

Postby Flip on Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:09 pm

Thanks all. I talked with a gunsmith at the local Gander and he told me that Taurus only gives lifetime warranty to the original owner only, hence, the question.

Thanks again,

Flip
It seems that politicians are most useful when they accomplish nothing at all
Flip

Postby Veldy on Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:14 pm

Flip wrote:Thanks all. I talked with a gunsmith at the local Gander and he told me that Taurus only gives lifetime warranty to the original owner only, hence, the question.

Thanks again,

Flip

I have been told that they warrant the gun for the life of the gun. I inherited a 9mm PT92 AF from my Father and the rear site has come loose and I have been told by multiple people that Taurus will honor the warranty. I have yet to put it to the test.
You could get a new lease on life -- if only you didn't need the first and last month in advance.
Veldy

Postby pastorpaul on Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:13 am

there was considerable discussion about this once on the Taurus site.
http://www.taurusarmed.net
they honor the warranty for any owner regardless, according to the thread. i haven't had to use it but it is one reason i originally bought a pt-140.
j in J - pp

polish by heritage; american by birth; patriot by conviction; saved by grace through faith in Christ!
pastorpaul

Postby Wadero on Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:23 am

Flip wrote:I talked with a gunsmith at the local Gander and he told me....

I'm glad you asked elsewhere other than your local Gander.
“You were born free, you got f***ed out of half of it, and you wave a flag celebrating it.” -- Doug Stanhope
Wadero

Postby Squib Joe on Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:10 am

Wadero wrote:

+1

Taurus NEVER asks for proof of ownership. We throw them in a box, ship them off, they get fixed and come back. Every time and never with a charge.
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Postby justaguy on Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:06 pm

Squib Joe wrote:
Wadero wrote:

+1

Taurus NEVER asks for proof of ownership. We throw them in a box, ship them off, they get fixed and come back. Every time and never with a charge.

What has been your time frame for fixes?
WWTNSTKBLD
justaguy

Postby Squib Joe on Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:19 pm

justaguy wrote:
Squib Joe wrote:
Wadero wrote:What has been your time frame for fixes?

Taurus has a great warranty, so many people take advantage of it ... count on about a month.

And if you need it sent in, come on by. I'd be happy to help even if you didn't buy it from us.
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Postby W0THK on Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:25 am

I bought a used Taurus 9mm on GunBroker. It had extraction problems. I filled out the work order form on the website sent the gun to Taurus. About a week later, I got a letter saying they'd received the gun and gave me an estimate as to how long it would take to repair it. It was about six weeks at that time, as I recall. The gun came back within the time frame specified working just fine. My only cost was the cost of shipping the gun to them. I had a very positive experience! I think this type of warranty is a major plus for Taurus, and is certainly worth keeping in mind when shopping for used guns.

TomK
Mpls, MN
W0THK

Postby macphisto on Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:33 am

Squib Joe wrote:Taurus has a great warranty, so many people take advantage of it ... count on about a month.

And if you need it sent in, come on by. I'd be happy to help even if you didn't buy it from us.

That's a very generous offer. Who pays the shipping when you send a Taurus, or any other gun, back for repairs?
macphisto

Postby Thunderjohn on Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:36 am

[/quote]
Who pays the shipping when you send a Taurus, or any other gun, back for repairs?[/quote]

The customer pays the shipping. Taurus requests that you ship it to them by FedEx or UPS. Using either of them requires them be shipped
next day air and that you notify them of a firearm in the package. My dealer shipped for me USPS and they accepted the gun. Next day air to
Miami was going to cost me $52.00
FFL - http://www.Southwest-Arms.com
God, Family, Business
Emails to SouthwestArms@Gmail.com
Thunderjohn

Next

Return to Handguns