JP EZ trigger?

Discussion of rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloaders

JP EZ trigger?

Postby MnHornet on Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:46 am

Thinking about an upgrade. Anybody running a JP, that would like to share with the class?
Is it so nice you would buy another?
Proud to be Deplorable.
MnHornet

Re: JP EZ trigger?

Postby old guy on Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:16 am

I have a JP in my DPMS .308 it is a vast improvement.

John
old guy

Postby MnHornet on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:22 am

Thanks. Think I'll give one a try.
Proud to be Deplorable.
MnHornet

Postby JJ on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:40 am

I have installed a half a dozen of the JP competition triggers. I very much like them. There is some leg work getting the timing all squared away, but they are reapeatable, simple and reliable.
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Postby shooter115 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:47 am

I’ve never installed one, but I did get to try one out on one of the high end Huldra rifles a couple weeks ago, definitely a huge improvement over any mil-spec trigger. It was nice, but I think it had a little more creep than the Jard trigger in my 20” AR. My Jard is set to just barely over a pound though so it may have just been perception. Depends what you were going to do with the rifle. That rifle is used pretty much just for range work and varmint hunting. My 18” 3-gun rifle currently has a RRA NM trigger, which for the money is a great trigger, but is going to be replaced with a good single stage in the 3lb range sometime down the road. Maybe a JP, maybe something else, there’s more options for AR triggers available now than there is for underwear.
Last edited by shooter115 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shooter115

Postby dsm2nr on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:53 am

The MRP I just got has a JP EZ tigger with a stock hammer. The first time firing it, I could barely touch it without it going off. Might just be me being use to heavier triggers though. I swapped the 3.5lbs hammer spring out with a milspec to stiffen it up a little. Now I'm comfortable with it.

I really want to try one of ALG's Combat Trigger (made by Geissele). They're stock weight with a crisp break.
dsm2nr

JP EZ trigger?

Postby Hammer99... on Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:16 am

I bought one and liked it so much I bought two more.
I love it when a plan comes together!
Hammer99...

Postby MnHornet on Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:18 am

It's to replace a mil-spec on a carbine. I'm going to check out my buddies JP's on the way home, and make sure I like it as much as my CMMG 2 stage.
Proud to be Deplorable.
MnHornet

Postby Dave Timm on Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:49 pm

We use JP EZ triggers on two of our rifles and we love them. We set them up to break at 4.5 lbs from the shelf, you can adjust that as well but I have found 4.5 works well for me. I might adjust my competition rifle down but haven't yet. True story, we were one of the first, if not the first, to get them for OEM before they were available retail. When I fist saw them I was very impressed, really easy to install, just follow the directions, adjustment is pretty easy too. If you want to check one out head to the local Fleet Farm store and dry fire one of our Tac Elite or Xpres, we dont mind. You can pick up the EZ trigger there too, ok shameless plug, Im Sorry. :D

If you have any questions please feel free to give me shout. After 2 carbine classes and now some 3 gun compeitions and training, I think I have gotten some good trigger time with them and wouldn't hesitate to buy one or recomend one.

Take care,
Dave
Learning Firearms - Training and Firearms Industry Video Production
http://www.learningfirearms.com
Timm Arms Co.
Firearms and NFA Sales & Transfers, Gunsmith & Armorer Services
http://www.timmarms.com
Dave Timm

Return to Long Guns