Return of Ranb

Say "howdy" and let everyone know who you are
Forum rules
MNGUNTALK is a real-life community, and as such, we'd love to hear who you are and learn what knowledge you have to offer. Post whatever details about yourself you feel comfortable with, and make sure to check out any events that are happening if you want to meet people in person.

Return of Ranb

Postby Lumpy on Sun Jul 21, 2024 5:24 pm

Account inactive since 2016, now posting again as of Jul 19. Prodigal son, or new poster using the account?
Lumpy

Re: Return of Ranb

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:13 am

Prodigal son was my first thought, but could just be a sleeper account.

And his anti-gun agenda. :lol:
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:06 am

Just a guy rides again?
Holland&Holland

Postby Ranb on Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:33 am

I am the same Ranb that came here years ago to push for a bill to make silencers legal. My own efforts which involved having a meeting with Senator Wolf (along with forum member BC98) amounted to nothing.

I also got some push-back from members of the forum on the issue. While that was disappointing, it was not unexpected because most of the problems I had with pushing to change the law back in Washington State came from fellow gun owners.
Last edited by Ranb on Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
My gun collection has killed at least five fewer people than the Kennedy clan has with automobiles, airplanes and golf clubs.
Ranb

Postby Ranb on Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:33 am

Rip Van Winkle wrote:Prodigal son was my first thought, but could just be a sleeper account.

My anti-gun agenda? What are you talking about?
My gun collection has killed at least five fewer people than the Kennedy clan has with automobiles, airplanes and golf clubs.
Ranb

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:57 pm

Ranb wrote:
Rip Van Winkle wrote:Prodigal son was my first thought, but could just be a sleeper account.

My anti-gun agenda? What are you talking about?

So you are coming to lunch next week then to show you are real pro gun supporter?
Holland&Holland

Postby Ranb on Sat Jul 27, 2024 9:32 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:So you are coming to lunch next week then to show you are real pro gun supporter?

Lunch? Where and when?
Ranb

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Jul 28, 2024 12:15 pm

Ranb wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:So you are coming to lunch next week then to show you are real pro gun supporter?

Lunch? Where and when?

98 lbs buffet. 1st Wednesday of every month. Has been for ever.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ranb on Sun Jul 28, 2024 4:32 pm

No thank you. 140 miles to too far to drive.

How is eating there going to prove that I am pro-gun? Isn't pushing for pro-gun bills and opposing anti-gun zealots good enough?

What if we meet at Gordy's Hi-Hat in Cloquet? https://gordys-hihat.com/gordys-hi-hat/
Ranb

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:53 pm

Ranb wrote:No thank you. 140 miles to too far to drive.

How is eating there going to prove that I am pro-gun? Isn't pushing for pro-gun bills and opposing anti-gun zealots good enough?

What if we meet at Gordy's Hi-Hat in Cloquet? https://gordys-hihat.com/gordys-hi-hat/

You are the one who asked.

Legislature will be in session next year. The lunch happens every month.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ranb on Tue Jul 30, 2024 8:26 am

It seems that you're being evasive. How does showing up for lunch prove that I am pro-gun? Why isn't my clear pro-gun agenda on this forum any indication that I am pro-gun.
Ranb

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:21 pm

Ranb wrote:It seems that you're being evasive. How does showing up for lunch prove that I am pro-gun? Why isn't my clear pro-gun agenda on this forum any indication that I am pro-gun.

What pro-gun agenda?
Holland&Holland

Postby Ranb on Wed Jul 31, 2024 2:51 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
Ranb wrote:It seems that you're being evasive. How does showing up for lunch prove that I am pro-gun? Why isn't my clear pro-gun agenda on this forum any indication that I am pro-gun.

What pro-gun agenda?

I was pushing people to lobby for a silencer bill. I flew to MN thirteen years ago to lobby Senator Wolf. Forum member BC98, myself and one of my friends talked to her for an hour. She agreed to sponsor a silencer bill if others joined her to co-sponsor. My efforts amounted to nothing as Senator Wolf was not re-elected. Is this pro-gun enough for you?

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=19221&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=75
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=53632&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
Ranb

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Jul 31, 2024 9:22 pm

Ranb wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:

What pro-gun agenda?

I was pushing people to lobby for a silencer bill. I flew to MN thirteen years ago to lobby Senator Wolf. Forum member BC98, myself and one of my friends talked to her for an hour. She agreed to sponsor a silencer bill if others joined her to co-sponsor. My efforts amounted to nothing as Senator Wolf was not re-elected. Is this pro-gun enough for you?

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=19221&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=75
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=53632&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

So you are so pro gun that you posted something on a gun forum 13 years ago? That is your argument?

Have you run for office? Are you currently doing anything?
Holland&Holland

Postby Ranb on Wed Jul 31, 2024 10:02 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:So you are so pro gun that you posted something on a gun forum 13 years ago? That is your argument?

Have you run for office? Are you currently doing anything?

You asked about my pro-gun agenda. I told you. Is there some sort of pro-gun agenda bar that I'm not meeting? Do I need to lobby the MN legislators on a regular basis in order to have the privilege of calling myself pro-gun? Is coaching a junior shooting team, teaching others basic marksmanship, encouraging people to support the right to keep and bear arms enough?

What if I criticize the actions of anti-gun politicians like Biden, Bush, Trump, Clinton and Reagan? Is that enough?

I have not demanded that others prove to me that they are "pro-gun". Why am I getting this crap?
Ranb

Next

Return to Introductions