Return of Ranb

Say "howdy" and let everyone know who you are
Forum rules
MNGUNTALK is a real-life community, and as such, we'd love to hear who you are and learn what knowledge you have to offer. Post whatever details about yourself you feel comfortable with, and make sure to check out any events that are happening if you want to meet people in person.

Re: Return of Ranb

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Aug 01, 2024 5:43 am

Ranb wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:So you are so pro gun that you posted something on a gun forum 13 years ago? That is your argument?

Have you run for office? Are you currently doing anything?

You asked about my pro-gun agenda. I told you. Is there some sort of pro-gun agenda bar that I'm not meeting? Do I need to lobby the MN legislators on a regular basis in order to have the privilege of calling myself pro-gun? Is coaching a junior shooting team, teaching others basic marksmanship, encouraging people to support the right to keep and bear arms enough?

What if I criticize the actions of anti-gun politicians like Biden, Bush, Trump, Clinton and Reagan? Is that enough?

I have not demanded that others prove to me that they are "pro-gun". Why am I getting this crap?

You reap what you sow. I have not demanded anything of you. You have demanded to be seen as the 2nd coming of the NRA. I just asked if you were coming to lunch.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ranb on Thu Aug 01, 2024 8:14 am

Holland&Holland wrote:You reap what you sow. I have not demanded anything of you. You have demanded to be seen as the 2nd coming of the NRA. I just asked if you were coming to lunch.

2nd coming of the NRA? No. The NRA sucks when it comes to pushing for pro-gun bills. They never gave me the time of day when I asked for advice on passing a silencer bill, even though I'm a life member. Who are you to push such a meaningless accusation against me.
My gun collection has killed at least five fewer people than the Kennedy clan has with automobiles, airplanes and golf clubs.
Ranb

Postby bstrawse on Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:10 am

Ranb wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:You reap what you sow. I have not demanded anything of you. You have demanded to be seen as the 2nd coming of the NRA. I just asked if you were coming to lunch.

2nd coming of the NRA? No. The NRA sucks when it comes to pushing for pro-gun bills. They never gave me the time of day when I asked for advice on passing a silencer bill, even though I'm a life member. Who are you to push such a meaningless accusation against me.

The NRA sucks.

Nationally, we work with FPC and the Second Amendment Foundation.
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Aug 01, 2024 2:13 pm

Ranb wrote:

I am not accusing you of anything. You are claiming a “pro gun agenda”.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ranb on Thu Aug 01, 2024 3:57 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:I am not accusing you of anything. You are claiming a “pro gun agenda”.

You accused me of demanding "to be seen as the 2nd coming of the NRA", when I am anything but. I did not bring the NRA into this conversation, that was you. You should prove your claim or admit you were wrong.

Are you this rude to others on the forum?
My gun collection has killed at least five fewer people than the Kennedy clan has with automobiles, airplanes and golf clubs.
Ranb

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Aug 01, 2024 5:35 pm

Ranb wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:I am not accusing you of anything. You are claiming a “pro gun agenda”.

You accused me of demanding "to be seen as the 2nd coming of the NRA", when I am anything but. I did not bring the NRA into this conversation, that was you. You should prove your claim or admit you were wrong.

Yes, next question.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ranb on Fri Aug 02, 2024 6:16 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
Ranb wrote:

Yes, next question.

Is this forum your safe place for making foolish claims that you have no rational reason to believe are true?
Ranb

Postby bstrawse on Fri Aug 02, 2024 6:17 am

Why is everyone climbing up his rear?
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Aug 02, 2024 9:32 am

bstrawse wrote:Why is everyone climbing up his rear?

His attitude. In 2016 and does not seem to have changed. To introduce yourself as being pro-gun. Boast about what you have done and how this forum gave "push back" to his efforts implying that it is less than pro-gun... as his reintroduction to the place? Kinda raises some hackles.

As the saying goes, one gets more flies with honey than one does with vinegar.

Now if he wants to start over we can. I can be an online jerk for sure but I generally try to just give back what is dished out.

I will drop it though.
Holland&Holland

Postby warrlac on Fri Aug 02, 2024 9:47 am

bstrawse wrote:Why is everyone climbing up his rear?

I'll take that question.

This is just a guess, but I think it is because our prodigal son member has spent the past several weeks disparaging everyone from Reagan to Vance with accusations of "gun-grabbing", anti-2A, anti-American, etc., etc. behavior.

Having only just escaped at least 39 anti-2A legislative bills proposed during the 2023/24 session thanks to the efforts of Minnesota Gun Owners and the MNGOCA, the bad taste still lingers. And I'm not referring to the process, I'm talking about Minnesota Gun Rights and the Dorr brothers, Ben, Chris and Aaron. Their non-constructive attitudes, personal attacks and comments about siding with the anti-gunners made me angry then and this guy does now. I've read his posts and I would score it as 99% negative and 1% positive. Sick of it.

I've stated on this site that virtually every election today is a Hostage's Choice. I learned a lot from Rob Doar this past session about finding common ground with people. When you fly in from Washington State or Frozen Lake Minnesota after 8 years of absence to simply $hit all over the forum and every GOP candidate, you won't make a lot of friends.

Like I said, just a guess...
warrlac

Postby Ranb on Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:32 am

Holland&Holland wrote:His attitude. In 2016 and does not seem to have changed. To introduce yourself as being pro-gun. Boast about what you have done and how this forum gave "push back" to his efforts implying that it is less than pro-gun... as his reintroduction to the place? Kinda raises some hackles.

As the saying goes, one gets more flies with honey than one does with vinegar.

Now if he wants to start over we can. I can be an online jerk for sure but I generally try to just give back what is dished out.

I will drop it though.

In 2016 I was giddy about finishing my 50 bmg silencer and not much else. What did I do to offend you in 2016?

I was never bragging, just starting some facts. Can you quote me where I was bragging? I did make it quite clear that my efforts to get a silencer bill introduced was a complete failure in Minnesota.
Ranb

Postby Ranb on Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:44 am

warrlac wrote:This is just a guess, but I think it is because our prodigal son member has spent the past several weeks disparaging everyone from Reagan to Vance with accusations of "gun-grabbing", anti-2A, anti-American, etc., etc. behavior.

Did you happen to notice what all of those politicians had in common? They were anti-gun, gun grabbers or sucked up to other anti-gun politicians. Those kinds of politicians should not get any kind words on a gun forum.

warrlac wrote: I'm not following you when you talk about gun grabber Trump however? I'm aware of the recently overturned Bump Stock order but nothing else comes to mind.

Aren't you the guy who claims to be ignorant of Trump's anti-gun agenda? When I explained his agenda,you simply dismissed it with "Not seeing that in Trump at all".

I disparage anti-gun politicians. Why are you giving them a pass?

Trump's idea for gun confiscation without due process.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxgybgEKHHI
Trump' gun grab.
https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/FR- ... -27763.pdf
Trump wants to raise age to buy guns. https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/t ... re-weapons
Ranb

Postby Lumpy on Fri Aug 02, 2024 3:23 pm

We get it, you hate Trump; there's a lot there to hate. And actively pro-gun politicians are sadly few and far between; most would rather keep silent on the issue of firearms rather than give talking points to their anti-gun opponents.

But is literally anyone to be preferred to Trump? Would Hillary Clinton be better than Trump? You seem to be angrier at Trump for betraying the gun owning citizenry than you are at Democrats who never pretended to be anything other than anti-gun. You can't just say "we need to support the nomination of better alternatives to Trump". We tried- we got Trump anyway. If we wanted to make a noble gesture, we'd vote Libertarian. I don't know about anyone else on this board but I'm not voting "for" Trump; I voting against the Democrats.
Lumpy

Postby Ranb on Fri Aug 02, 2024 5:24 pm

Lumpy wrote:But is literally anyone to be preferred to Trump? Would Hillary Clinton be better than Trump? You seem to be angrier at Trump for betraying the gun owning citizenry than you are at Democrats who never pretended to be anything other than anti-gun. You can't just say "we need to support the nomination of better alternatives to Trump". We tried- we got Trump anyway. If we wanted to make a noble gesture, we'd vote Libertarian. I don't know about anyone else on this board but I'm not voting "for" Trump; I voting against the Democrats.

Every single GOP politician that is not a gun grabber is preferable to Trump. Clinton would not be better. Why are people so upset that a gun owner opposes Trump?
Ranb

Postby Jackpine Savage on Fri Aug 02, 2024 8:44 pm

Why Kyle Rittenhouse Defected- The Pro-Trump Crowd is DOING IT WRONG. How to Fix it

The VSO gun channel talks about Trump's antigun actions and why JD helps him. RT 14:52

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UywXFyV0m68

Jackpine Savage

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions