I-394 shut down in Minnetonka after shots reported

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: I-394 shut down in Minnetonka after shots reported

Postby Scott Notaeh on Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:43 pm

Pretty sure black helicopters were on the scene.
Scott Notaeh

Postby xd9 on Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:34 pm

Rotary12 wrote:Do you think we'll ever get the whole story?

Maybe not, but with no facts at all, its hard to pass any kind of objective judgement. IMHO 8-)
xd9

Postby xd9 on Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:38 pm

Scott Notaeh wrote:Pretty sure black helicopters were on the scene.

Kind of like this maybe? :o (insert hitchcock Psycho music here)
xd9

Postby mrp on Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:03 pm

tman wrote:Let's TRY not practice our conclusion jumping.

What advice to you give to someone who has been involved in a shooting? Shut up and lawyer up. Why be surprsied when a cop takes your advice?

If this was the woman's fault, I feel sorry for the woman, and really sorry for the cop. Even if he made the correct decision, I can only imagine how hard it can be to live with. (all internet tough-guy posturing aside)

That said, cops aren't exactly in the habit of encouraging folks to "shut up and lawyer up", so there's a bit of a double-standard/hypocritical vibe when they don't take their own advice to just spill their guts to the friendly officer who just wants to help them out, and will put in a good word with the judge, and they have witnesses anyway, and the first to confess will get off easy, and whatever else they say to strongly encourage suspects to not shut up and lawyer up.
mrp

Postby goett047 on Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:14 pm

I think the officer deserves the benefit of doubt...and I also think keeping his mouth shut was the right thing to do
goett047

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:28 pm

Anymore info on this store? I missed the news tonight....
"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
PHATSPEED7x

Postby Rotary12 on Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:39 am

This morning on 5 all they are saying is the woman had a gun, nothing about drawing it or pointing it at the cop. But what do I know, I'm only a marginally informed indentured servent.
Rotary12

Liberate the U.S.
Support the Constitution
Remember 19 April 1775
Rotary12

Postby Pezhead on Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:44 am

Ready some of the comments on KARE 11 is... I don't know I guess everyones an expert that's........ I'm going to stop
Pezhead

Postby mnglocker on Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:36 am

This happened literally infront of my Dad's building. I'll see if he heard anything more than what the news spilled.
-Get a rope Tuco.
What happens in the basement stays in the basement.

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
mnglocker

Postby rtk on Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:54 am

mnglocker wrote: I'll see if he heard anything more than what the news spilled.

Most likely...Bang, bang, bang.
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby tman on Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:46 pm

mrp wrote:
That said, cops aren't exactly in the habit of encouraging folks to "shut up and lawyer up", so there's a bit of a double-standard/hypocritical vibe when they don't take their own advice to just spill their guts to the friendly officer who just wants to help them out, and will put in a good word with the judge, and they have witnesses anyway, and the first to confess will get off easy, and whatever else they say to strongly encourage suspects to not shut up and lawyer up.

What do you think cops tell their family and friends to do in a bad situation?

Using an interview technique on a suspect is one thing. Using your own best judgement and the 5th Amendment is something else.
Badged Thug & MN Permit to Carry Instructor
Slowly growing 1911 Glock collection. Donations accepted
tman

Postby JJ on Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:16 pm

tman wrote:
mrp wrote:

Using an interview technique on a suspect is one thing. Using your own best judgement and the 5th Amendment is something else.

Having two close family member that are LEO's I have to agree T-man. Both have told me never to alow my vehicle or person to be searched voluntarily, and if anything ever happens shut up until a my lawyer is present.
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Postby mrp on Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:44 pm

tman wrote:
mrp wrote:

Yeah, I get that. My point is that they don't get to expect the general public treats them differently than they treat suspects. So, the public gets to expect the cop to be forthcoming the cop gets to ignore them. The cop does not get to complain about it, though.
mrp

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:54 pm

Ok, about time for a statement though I think. I am all for giving the officer the benefit of the doubt but about time to tell the public something here. Kare 11 is reporting she was 58 and people are wondering.
Holland&Holland

Postby Paul on Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:33 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:Kare 11 is reporting she was 58 and people are wondering.

What does her age have anything to do with it?
Paul

PreviousNext

Return to In The News