Henn. Cty Atty drops charges against Trooper Londregan

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Henn. Cty Atty drops charges against Trooper Londregan

Postby xd ED on Sun Jun 02, 2024 8:06 pm

Hennepin County Attorney Mary Moriarty drops charges against Trooper Londregan - AlphaNews.com
"It's about g—damn time," Londregan's attorney, Chris Madel, told Alpha News Sunday night.

“The question of whether we can prove a case at trial is different than clearing a person of any wrongdoing. There are so many points at which Mr. Londregan could have handled the situation differently, and if he had, Ricky Cobb might still be alive,” Moriarty said in a press release......

.....In January, Moriarty brought three felony charges against Trooper Londregan, including second-degree unintentional murder. The charges were connected to a July 2023 incident where Londregan fatally shot Cobb after he began to flee in his vehicle during a traffic stop, briefly dragging another state trooper who was attempting to remove him.

Since then, an initial use-of-force expert left the prosecution, multiple State Patrol trainers issued sworn declarations that Londregan acted in accordance with his training, the lead prosecutor departed the case, and Moriarty hired an outside team of Washington, D.C. lawyers to manage the prosecution.

Moriarty’s prosecution has received criticism from politicians on both sides of the aisle and led to calls for Gov. Tim Walz to reassign the case to the attorney general’s office.

“It’s about g—damn time,” Londregan’s attorney, Chris Madel, told Alpha News Sunday night. “The reality is he’s (Walz) had the opportunity to do this for months. I don’t see the need for him or anyone to be taking a victory lap.”
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Re: Henn. Cty Atty drops charges against Trooper Londregan

Postby Jackpine Savage on Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:36 am

I wonder what they threatened Moriarty with?
Jackpine Savage

Postby xd ED on Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:52 am

Jackpine Savage wrote:I wonder what they threatened Moriarty with?

Been wondering that myself.
I think it's a combination of an obvious acquittal, resulting in national attention of her malfeasance.
I don't know where the bar stands, but I have to believe there was the very real possibility of a malicious prosecution suit being brought against her if she persisted, given she couldn't find any legal resources in the country to side with her.
Whatever the real world pragmatism in play, she is unrelenting in her perverse view of this case, and life in general.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Jackpine Savage on Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:28 am

I don't think these type of people care about what anyone thinks of them. Would the malicious prosecution suit affect her personal finances? If not I doubt she would care.

I'll speculate that the people behind her, Soros et al, are concerned about the election this fall, and didn't want this case in the news.
Jackpine Savage

Postby Sorcerer on Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:13 am

Is it possible that she may have been asked if she wanted to be disbarred? As a side note, blue flue in all Hennepin county court cases would equate into a large % of loses on her record. Thugs would love it by not the voting public.
Sorcerer

Postby Lumpy on Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:41 am

"Unintentional murder"? Isn't that a contradiction of terms? I thought "manslaughter" covered various degrees of culpable homicide not considered murder.
Lumpy

Postby BU1 on Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:48 am

What at POS she is. Nowhere do I see her say where a change in the perps actions would have resulted in a different outcome. Victim's actions are always right, I guess, in her twisted mind. Comply, and live to be a thug another day, because she wouldn't send you to jail anyway.
BU1

Postby Bearcatrp on Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:26 pm

Looks like Waltz stepped in according to fox9 web site. Was listening to her speech on KNSI this morning. What a b*&#h. But she didn’t mention in her speech that the firm she hired to her to drop the case and let him go. Instead, she blamed the system. Am hoping she steps down for being a pathetic DA. My guess is she is soros funded.
Bearcatrp

Postby daleamn on Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:52 am

I have a mind's eye picture of Mary Moriarty with Tim Walz in the back of Governor's limo.

Moriarty: "It was YOU. YOU came into my office and said 'Kid, this ain't your case.' "
Moriarty crying: "I coulda had a Chauvin case! I coulda been a contender! I coulda BEEN SOMEBODY!!!"

What Moriarty actually said was, "Make no mistake, Ricky Cobb was the victim in this case. Ricky Cobb should be alive today."

And, of course, he would have been if he hadn't tried to escape.
daleamn

Postby xd ED on Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:11 pm

daleamn wrote:
Moriarty crying: "I coulda had a Chauvin case! I coulda been a contender! I coulda BEEN SOMEBODY!!!"

No doubt it is the wet dream of these leftists to be the catalyst that further divides people and burns down a city or two...
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Bearcatrp on Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:12 pm

daleamn wrote:And, of course, he would have been if he hadn't tried to escape.

This right here is the key phrase!
Bearcatrp

Postby Sorcerer on Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:16 pm

On the news feeds Cobbs family is very upset with the county attorney. They are seeing their windfall at best dwindling or evaporating. It will be interesting to see if the state of Minnesota plays nice or plays hard ball.
Sorcerer

Postby atomic41 on Wed Jun 05, 2024 5:27 am

This is an awesome smackdown from Londregan's attorney. He does an excellent job of calling out the Soros puppet's lies, well worth watching:

https://youtu.be/nDw1BdEbeXs?si=HtNSzjC-mxLWisyt

atomic41

Postby Bearcatrp on Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:54 am

They want the DOJ to investigate for racial BS. Plus going after him in civil court. All they want is a pay day.
Bearcatrp

Postby OldmanFCSA on Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:45 pm

had a great conversation with a mn state trooper in forest lake about the situation

i approached him thanking him for his service and telling him to be careful out there.
he was in a gas station and i ambushed him with a sincere handshake. :D
OldmanFCSA

Next

Return to In The News