When your doctor asks you about guns in your house:

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Postby george on Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:50 am

I do not know but they must have done some unbelievable background check on everybody in the family. I met a couple of the big guys at one of the NRA conventions and talk to them about it and they weren't surprised claiming that many of the University's think in the long terms so everyone running the country think as they think.
Brainwashed !
Look what the media does add that to the education system, in the long term we're probably fighting a losing cause.
"If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees."
-- President Bill Clinton, August 12, 1993
george

Re: When your doctor asks you about guns in your house:

Postby MJY65 on Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:40 am

If they were going to be that diligent, they sure as heck would have done so before offering him the job.
MJY65

Postby LePetomane on Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:22 pm

Randygmn wrote:My daughter goes to private school there where her k-12 school costs $50K per year. After 9 years, they offered my daughter a scholarship for her final 4 years of high school. Do the math on that.

Big deal. Coffee shops and hamburger joints are staffed with those types. Plenty of them are also living in their parents basement.

And I am very familiar with NYC and their politics having lived there.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby Randygmn on Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:03 pm

LePetomane wrote:
Randygmn wrote:My daughter goes to private school there where her k-12 school costs $50K per year. After 9 years, they offered my daughter a scholarship for her final 4 years of high school. Do the math on that.

Big deal. Coffee shops and hamburger joints are staffed with those types. Plenty of them are also living in their parents basement.

And I am very familiar with NYC and their politics having lived there.

Lol. I wasn't bragging. I've lived in NYC for 30 years. My wife is originally from Minneapolis and I've been coming here for the last 20+ years with her. It's only been a few years now since I changed my residency. If you lived here then you know that liberals here have taken their mental illness to a whole new level. Especially when it comes to "education". You'd be shocked to know what goes on behind close doors. I refuse to allow my daughter to become victim to their partisan zealotry.

And it's true what you said that a good education doesn't guarantee anything. My wife and I have done everything we could to give her better opportunities than we had. But she earned her high school scholarship by being at the top of her class, which has opened some real doors for her. As a freshman (14 years old), she was offered and accepted a medical internship, through the school, on a long term basis (most internships are summer programs), but this is throughout the school year for all 4 years of high school. She was invited this last spring to tour the campus and facilities at Harvard.

There are plenty of kids in her school, as well as schools like Blake and Breck, where the kids don't want to be there, but because that's where their parents put them, they go. Those are the kids that wind up in their parents basement in their 20's.
Randygmn

Postby CraigJS on Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:13 pm

Ask him if he has ever had illegal sex with his wife or another woman while married.. I wouldn't answer the question. Then remind him about doctor patient confidentiality and if he were to violate it.
CraigJS

Postby David on Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:01 pm

I have never been asked. My wife gets asked every time, whether she is there for herself or taking one of the kids. We don't have the same doctor, but we do go to the same clinic. Just curious, do you think they are more likely to ask women for the whole domestic violence thing? When she says yes, they just ask her if she would like any information on keeping them secure.
David

Postby xd ED on Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:22 pm

Had a colonoscopy last week; was asked if I felt safe from domestic violence in my home....the tone/ gesturing of the interviewer turned almost apologetic with that question.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby LePetomane on Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:52 pm

xd ED wrote:Had a colonoscopy last week; was asked if I felt safe from domestic violence in my home....the tone/ gesturing of the interviewer turned almost apologetic with that question.

What a question to ask when someone has a scope in your butt.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby xd ED on Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:59 pm

LePetomane wrote:
xd ED wrote:Had a colonoscopy last week; was asked if I felt safe from domestic violence in my home....the tone/ gesturing of the interviewer turned almost apologetic with that question.

What a question to ask when someone has a scope in your butt.

It was during the prep interview. I was out for the procedure. Good drugs...

First time I recall any non-medical/ non-health related question being asked.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby yukonjasper on Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:55 pm

You got Rufee'd :D
I shouldn't joke, I should set up my own appointment. I am due for a physical also. I will prepare for the questions.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Rodentman on Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:24 pm

I told my Dr I was already married but it made no difference.
Rodentman

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat