Burnville Pistol Range - On Fire?

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Burnville Pistol Range - On Fire?

Postby Irish.40 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:23 am

This is such a shame. I have been there a handful of times. Roger and Sue were always very nice. I hope no one was hurt and that they were insured enough to at least prevent personal ruin. Lastly I hope they can rebuild. Best of luck to Roger and Sue.
Glock 23
Hornady JHP
Crossbreed Belt
Blackhawk Serpa Level II
"There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -James Madison
Irish.40

Re: Burnville Pistol Range - On Fire?

Postby Thunderjohn on Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:55 am

That's bad news. I feel bad for any business that has to shut down, even temporarily,
especially the small businessman.
Hopefully they'll be back in business soon.

If anyone (Bruce?) hears anything about Roger needing help , maybe they could start a new thread.
It would be a great jesture if a bunch of us could get together and do something to help.

My prayers for Roger and staff. Glad there were no injuries, assuming the firefighters were also ok.
FFL - http://www.Southwest-Arms.com
God, Family, Business
Emails to SouthwestArms@Gmail.com
Thunderjohn

Postby smokintone on Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:15 am

Thunderjohn wrote:That's bad news. I feel bad for any business that has to shut down, even temporarily,
especially the small businessman.
Hopefully they'll be back in business soon.

If anyone (Bruce?) hears anything about Roger needing help , maybe they could start a new thread.
It would be a great jesture if a bunch of us could get together and do something to help.

My prayers for Roger and staff. Glad there were no injuries, assuming the firefighters were also ok.

+1 to this. I'm in if help is needed!
smokintone

Postby Pezhead on Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:36 am

Just let us know.
Pezhead

Postby photogpat on Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:42 am

Fundraiser picnics and raffles usually go over well in this demographic. I'd be happy to help organize if need be!

I think we're all behind helping Roger and Sue rebuild/restock, etc...I'm just glad no one got hurt!
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby XDM45 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:11 am

smokintone wrote:
Thunderjohn wrote:That's bad news. I feel bad for any business that has to shut down, even temporarily,
especially the small businessman. Hopefully they'll be back in business soon. If anyone (Bruce?) hears anything about Roger needing help , maybe they could start a new thread. It would be a great jesture if a bunch of us could get together and do something to help.

+1 to this. I'm in if help is needed!

+1 to this as well.

I was just there this last weekend too. I know the rifle bay has cost them more money than not, maybe when they rebuild it they can turn it into another pistol bay instead. More importantly than that is they get back up and running; and most importantly of all is that everyone from Roger and Sue to the customers are safe and ok.

BPR is my home away from home. My home range I go to usually.

photogpat wrote:Fundraiser picnics and raffles usually go over well in this demographic. I'd be happy to help organize if need be!

I work a day job, but also run a small, one-man IT business; in the past I've donated certificates for a few hours my services. These certificates are used to help generate money for a cause via a fundraiser because people can bid on them at an auction usually. My rate is $100 an hour, so sometimes the certificates will go for less tan than value - or more than their value because it's for a good cause. If such a fundraiser happens for BPR. Roger and Sue, I would create two certificates for 4 hours each, ($400 value per certificate x 2 for $800 total), plus I'm willing to donate my time and any other help as needed.

Even if Roger has insurance, they won't cover everything. I don't know what he has, if he has it, but I know insurance won't cover it all. If anyone is interested in putting something like this together, PLEASE contact me.

photogpat wrote:I think we're all behind helping Roger and Sue rebuild/restock, etc...I'm just glad no one got hurt!

+1000
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby BBeckwith on Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:21 am

Probably the most accurate information as to what happened last night at this point.

http://twincitiesfirewire.com/2012/08/0 ... larm-fire/
The IQ of a mob is the IQ of its dumbest member, divided by the number of people in it.
BBeckwith

Postby Humphrey Bogart on Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:24 am

Maybe there's some left-over Obama stimulus money?

We could get Keith Ellison, The comedian guy who's the senator and Amy Klobuchar right on that.
Humphrey Bogart

Postby Humphrey Bogart on Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:43 am

That was a joke but this is serious.....you wouldn't belive the crap they've spent stimulus money on....

John Klein is the congressman for Burnsville... (He carried the nuke 'football' for Reagan) He could be able to help here.

The downside is (just went to his website) http://www.klineforcongress.com/ he has a quick navigation button on 'Stop the Pork' His campaign headquarters are IN Burnsville.

Here's a quote:

In 2008, with your help, I launched a “Stop the Pork” campaign to encourage Americans to sign an online petition showing Congress the broad disdain for wasteful spending and egregious earmarks. In January, 2009, I delivered a petition with nearly 7,000 signatures to Speaker Pelosi and Republican Leader John Boehner asking them to put an end to the wasteful earmarking process.

In November, 2010, I was pleased to lead the charge for a two-year ban on earmarks. According to the non-partisan Citizens Against Government Waste organization, 9,129 earmarked projects were inserted into the 2010 spending bills, costing the American taxpayer more than $16.5 billion.

Nearly four years ago, I was one of a handful of Members of Congress who took a stand by refusing to request earmarks. Instead, I pushed for a system that establishes spending priorities based on a project’s merit – demonstrating to the American people that he was serious about reducing wasteful pork-barrel spending and reforming the way Washington spends their money.

While we sent a clear message by banning earmarks, our work has just begun.

Last edited by Humphrey Bogart on Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Humphrey Bogart

Postby jp8775 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:46 am

If the fire started while they were open, I wonder why a fire alarm did not go off, and they must not have had a water sprinkler system?
jp8775

Postby TH3180 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:05 am

jp8775 wrote:If the fire started while they were open, I wonder why a fire alarm did not go off, and they must not have had a water sprinkler system?

I know there are sprinkler heads where you are standing while shooting. I guess I never noticed if the have sprinkler heads down range. I can't see how they could. Alls it would take is for one of the guys that bounce rounds off the ceiling and walls to hit a sprink head and there would be one hell of a mess.
MrVvrroomm wrote:What time is lunch? I'm having a colonoscopy that morning at 1000. I'm sure I'll be hungry.
TH3180

Postby jp8775 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:12 am

TH3180 wrote:
jp8775 wrote:If the fire started while they were open, I wonder why a fire alarm did not go off, and they must not have had a water sprinkler system?

I know there are sprinkler heads where you are standing while shooting. I guess I never noticed if the have sprinkler heads down range. I can't see how they could. Alls it would take is for one of the guys that bounce rounds off the ceiling and walls to hit a sprink head and there would be one hell of a mess.

They could protect them with armor plate like the do the lights.
jp8775

Postby princewally on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:25 am

If the fire was in the air handling system, it's hard to run sprinklers there.
Of the people, By the People, For the People. The government exists to serve us, not the reverse.
princewally

Postby lenny7 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:47 am

jshuberg wrote:If the backstop were on fire it would be a class Bravo, with dense heavy black smoke. From the photos posted earlier in the thread the smoke appears to be dark gray, indicating a class Alpha fire. It doesn't appear the backstop was burning, at least at the time the photo was taken.

That's a good point, but the smoke definitely had a burned rubber smell to it.
lenny7

Postby jp8775 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:14 am

lenny7 wrote:
jshuberg wrote:If the backstop were on fire it would be a class Bravo, with dense heavy black smoke. From the photos posted earlier in the thread the smoke appears to be dark gray, indicating a class Alpha fire. It doesn't appear the backstop was burning, at least at the time the photo was taken.

That's a good point, but the smoke definitely had a burned rubber smell to it.

They said it was rubber burning on the news and it started in the rubber.
jp8775

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat