DK Mags Burglarized: INCLUDES LIST OF ARMS TAKEN

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: DK Mags robbed

Postby princewally on Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:27 pm

Pinnacle wrote:
photogpat wrote:Street gangs wouldn't be able to hit a hardened setup like DK...right? If they were after specific items, it was more than likely pros...

You are making an assumption that there are no sophisticated gang members out there - classic blunder / Underestimate the foe...

I would be willing to bet that there are a good number of ex-military guys that have taken to the gang life. Hurts to say it - but it is a reality.

It's not at all rare for a gang to send any members who make it to adulthood without a record into the military.
Of the people, By the People, For the People. The government exists to serve us, not the reverse.
princewally

Re: DK Mags Burglarized: INCLUDES LIST OF ARMS TAKEN

Postby AFTERMATH on Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:16 pm

Curious, as I've never been there. But what other arms does DK stock that were passed up.
What causes one to take a 590, rather than any other tactical-ish shotgun that may be on the rack?
Did they hit the cash register/safe - or what about pistols?
They could have made off with more weapons, faster and they'd be more practical for the average criminal.

To be a quick grab and go, it had to have been someone who was in there - recently - and knew exactly what they were going for.
If he's got security tapes, I'm assuming they're being reviewed.

I gotta say; it could just be my paranoia kicking in - but this is sending up a serious red flag.
I don't think it was gang members and it's probably not going to be the last time we hear about these guns.
:!:
RWVA Senior Instructor -- http://www.RWVA.org
AFTERMATH

DK Mags Burglarized: INCLUDES LIST OF ARMS TAKEN

Postby adoptedson on Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:21 pm

AFTERMATH wrote:
I gotta say; it could just be my paranoia kicking in - but this is sending up a serious red flag.
I don't think it was gang members and it's probably not going to be the last time we hear about these guns.
:!:

I got that same feeling after seeing the list of stolen items. Even the BPR fire has me scratching my head a bit.

Since the shooting in Colorado a couple weeks ago my head has been hurting from wearing my tin foil hat so tight. Now coupled with these local incidents, we're talking about migraine territory.

I really feel for DKMags. I've never been out there, but there's not much worse than being robbed. Hopefully these items will be recovered, and someone is brought to justice....soon.
adoptedson

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat