What is the DEAL with tiny, faded-out type?

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: What is the DEAL with tiny, faded-out type?

Postby westhope on Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:39 pm

"Ctl" and "+".

Damn, thanks guys. Learned something new today. Looks better to my old eyes.

Can you do anything for my sights and target being fuzzy?
Because I care, I carry.
westhope

Postby Rags3000 on Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:36 pm

Sorry, I slipped off the edge of the world for a day or two, there, and didn't reply right away to all these helpful suggestions. Anyway, I do appreciate all the remedies proposed, but they mostly amount to just zooming in -- increasing the apparent size of the text with a fix that also spreads the page out wider than even this widescreen monitor can handle. Nor does it turn gray type into black type.

Check out http://thehighroad.us/ for an example of a board that manages to be somewhat more readable.
"When people cease to believe in God, the danger isn't that they will believe in nothing; it is that they will believe in anything." -- G.K. Chesterton
Rags3000

Postby Ironbear on Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:49 pm

westhope wrote:Can you do anything for my sights and target being fuzzy?

Stop shooting at critters? :twisted:
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Postby mitchx3 on Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:56 pm

The ambiguity here annoyed me so I screen capped THR(known good, I guess) and MNgt. The dots with numbers next to them are the same size. I assure you that I have not customized anything here, any size discrepancies are due to PEBKAC. That said, when zoomed waaayy out THR looks a little(10%) darker. You can change your default font using these directions.

mitchx3

Postby Rags3000 on Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:27 pm

mitchx3 wrote:The ambiguity here annoyed me so I screen capped THR(known good, I guess) and MNgt. The dots with numbers next to them are the same size. I assure you that I have not customized anything here, any size discrepancies are due to PEBKAC. That said, when zoomed waaayy out THR looks a little(10%) darker. You can change your default font using these directions.

Wow! That really works! Thanks.
"When people cease to believe in God, the danger isn't that they will believe in nothing; it is that they will believe in anything." -- G.K. Chesterton
Rags3000

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat