FS/Trade Lyman All American Turrett Press

Buy/Sell/Trade firearms accessories

FS/Trade Lyman All American Turrett Press

Postby Pinnacle on Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:03 am

For sale or trade

A Classic - A Lyman All American Reloading press - turret style. In Good Shape and ready to load.

Asking $60.00 - you come and get it. The picture below is a photo taken off of ebay where these normally go for about $65-70 or more.
Attachments
lyman all american.jpg
lyman all american.jpg (20.64 KB) Viewed 1742 times
Last edited by Pinnacle on Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
REMEMBER THE BRAVE 343 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET FDNY

الصليبية كافر
Pinnacle

Re: FS/Trade Lyman All American Turrett Press

Postby JFettig on Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:50 am

Do you have a picture or a link to a page with pics/specs?

Thanks,
Jon
JFettig

Postby Pinnacle on Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:03 am

I will take a picture later today and post it.
REMEMBER THE BRAVE 343 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET FDNY

الصليبية كافر
Pinnacle

Postby plblark on Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:31 am

How does a turret differ from a progressive press? What comes with it? Does it take standard dies or proprietary ones? Any chance it's ready to load .40 S&W?

[Edit: Limited research ability at work but I should wait for response and pictures given what I can find online, sorry to temporarily retract the "I'll take it"]
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby Jeff Bergquist on Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:40 am

plblark,

The only press I have any familiarity with is a progressive, my Dillon Square Deal B, but as I understand it a turret press has a shell holder that only holds one round at a time, same as a single stage, but has the full set of dies mounted on a rotating tool head (turret) to complete the loading process one step at a time for each round while avoiding the necessity to change dies and adjust settings between steps as you must with a single stage.

A progressive press however has all dies mounted to a stationary tool head and a rotating shell plate that holds multiple rounds at a time. This allows the press to complete multiple steps in the loading process with each pull of the handle, i.e. for my SDB, station 1 sizes and deprimes a newly placed shell, station 2 loads a new primer into the shell, expands (bells) the shell mouth to ease bullet seating, and dumps a calibrated powder charge in, station 3 seats a new bullet in the shell, and station 4 crimps the shell mouth to hold the seated bullet in place. So as long as the primer and powder feeds aren't empty, you just put an empty shell in station 1, a new bullet on the charged shell at station 3, pull the handle and ta da, a complete new round is produced with each pull.

Almost all presses use standard dies and brands are generally interchangable, my SDB however uses proprietary dies designed for compactness.
The bold type giveth, the fine print taketh away.
Jeff Bergquist

Return to Accessories