Keith Ellison is a angry man

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: Keith Ellison is a angry man

Postby St. Olaf on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:34 pm

Why shouldn't gays have to get married and be as miserable as the rest of us?

:bravo:
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will end up plowing for those who didn't.
St. Olaf

Postby Heffay on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:34 pm

Cavscout wrote:
river_boater wrote:
Cavscout wrote:I don't have any problem with multiple spouses (signif others) though.

I do. One is enough.

A rephrase, I believe it's far better than gay marriage. I still think the best situation is (1) father and (1) mother.

That's great that you think that. Why do you want to use the government to enforce that on people who don't agree with you? And where do you draw the line, as far as having the government enforce believes you don't agree with upon you?
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby Heffay on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:35 pm

river_boater wrote:
Cavscout wrote:I don't have any problem with multiple spouses (signif others) though.

I do. One is enough.

No kidding. Getting married has really cramped my dating life.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby infidel on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:13 pm

Heffay wrote:That's great that you think that. Why do you want to use the government to enforce that on people who don't agree with you? And where do you draw the line, as far as having the government enforce believes you don't agree with upon you?

It is not about the government enforcing anything. Right now, anyone can marry one other person of the opposite sex. Endorsing relationships with the potential to procreate, ensures the long term viability of the state. Homosexual relationships (unlike polygamists) are not directly punished for their actions. But where is the outcry for polygamists?

It will not be long where people will want to marry a robot. Maybe then you can marry many robots, and your retirement and Social Security payments will ensure proper robot care for perpetuity. All you have to do is change the meaning of bride and groom, we already know you like to change definitions.
“If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.” - John Ashley

Disclaimer: Do not assume from this post, that I either agree or disagree with any other issue brought up in this thread.
infidel

Postby White Horseradish on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:27 am

infidel wrote: Endorsing relationships with the potential to procreate, ensures the long term viability of the state.
If that is the case, why are there no fertility tests required for a marriage license? Also, why are people past childbearing age allowed to marry? Why is a vasectomy not a barrier to marriage?

Homosexual relationships (unlike polygamists) are not directly punished for their actions. But where is the outcry for polygamists?
Have you not been reading this thread? :mrgreen: I keep waiting for someone to tell me why polygamy is bad. It's traditional and it's in the Bible.

infidel wrote:It will not be long where people will want to marry a robot. Maybe then you can marry many robots, and your retirement and Social Security payments will ensure proper robot care for perpetuity. All you have to do is change the meaning of bride and groom, we already know you like to change definitions.
Finally, a new whatif. I wouldn't worry about it. If artificial intelligence develops to the point of being able to enter into contracts it will try to exterminate humanity rather than marry it.
"I have come to kick a** and chew bubblegum." <racks shotgun> "And I'm all out of bubblegum."

--John Nada, "They Live"
White Horseradish

Postby shooter115 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:19 am

How the **** did this thread turn into multiple pages of gay marriage debate? Title should have read "Keith Ellison is an angry child"
shooter115

Postby infidel on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:43 am

White Horseradish wrote: If that is the case, why are there no fertility tests required for a marriage license? Also, why are people past childbearing age allowed to marry? Why is a vasectomy not a barrier to marriage?

The point is that homosexual relationships cannot procreate. The state cannot discriminate by not allowing sterile heterosexuals to marry. The state allows man to marry woman, the state does not care if a relationship is consummated. Generally speaking, heterosexual couples have the potential to create little taxpayers. There is no discrimination with the present law.

Keith Ellison supports homosexual marriage, and yes he is angry.
“If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.” - John Ashley

Disclaimer: Do not assume from this post, that I either agree or disagree with any other issue brought up in this thread.
infidel

Postby Dick Unger on Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:45 am

infidel wrote:
White Horseradish wrote: If that is the case, why are there no fertility tests required for a marriage license? Also, why are people past childbearing age allowed to marry? Why is a vasectomy not a barrier to marriage?

The point is that homosexual relationships cannot procreate. The state cannot discriminate by not allowing sterile heterosexuals to marry. The state allows man to marry woman, the state does not care if a relationship is consummated. Generally speaking, heterosexual couples have the potential to create little taxpayers. There is no discrimination with the present law.

There must be a rational basis to discriminate or give certain people special privleges. I think someone counted over 1500 different trreatments by government for married people. Single people create as many potential "little taxpayers" as married people these days, so there is really no rational basis to treat married people differently than single people.
Dick Unger

Postby Heffay on Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:02 am

Dick Unger wrote:
infidel wrote:

There must be a rational basis to discriminate or give certain people special privleges. I think someone counted over 1500 different trreatments by government for married people. Single people create as many potential "little taxpayers" as married people these days, so there is really no rational basis to treat married people differently than single people.

Exactly. What does marriage have to do with making babies?
Heffay

Postby St. Olaf on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:05 am

shooter115 wrote:How the **** did this thread turn into multiple pages of gay marriage debate?

I don't know why anybody else did it, but......

I did it to demonstrate that the bigots who hate Keith Ellison are the same people who hate and attempt to discriminate against gays.

And they walked right into it.

Haters will hate......they will hate gays, Muslims, feminists, immigrants, people of color and most anyone else who doesn't fit perfectly into their perfect Aryan, Christian, heterosexual, Tea Party world.

Ellison is a superb example of exactly what a politician should be--intelligent, courageous, passionate, and compassionate.

I loved the way he kicked ass on Fox News......they should get more of that.

He may want to ban a few guns, that ain't good, but hey.......999 out of 1000 ain't bad.

:flag: :flag: :flag:
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will end up plowing for those who didn't.
St. Olaf

Postby White Horseradish on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:12 am

infidel wrote:The point is that homosexual relationships cannot procreate.
Neither can sterile heterosexuals. What's the difference?

infidel wrote: Generally speaking, heterosexual couples have the potential to create little taxpayers.
Sterile people have that potential? HOW?
"I have come to kick a** and chew bubblegum." <racks shotgun> "And I'm all out of bubblegum."

--John Nada, "They Live"
White Horseradish

Postby sansooshooter on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:18 am

St. Olaf wrote:
shooter115 wrote:How the **** did this thread turn into multiple pages of gay marriage debate?

I don't know why anybody else did it, but......

I did it to demonstrate that the bigots who hate Keith Ellison are the same people who hate and attempt to discriminate against gays.

And they walked right into it.

Haters will hate......they will hate gays, Muslims, feminists, immigrants, people of color and most anyone else who doesn't fit perfectly into their perfect Aryan, Christian, heterosexual, Tea Party world.

Ellison is a superb example of exactly what a politician should be--intelligent, courageous, passionate, and compassionate.

I loved the way he kicked ass on Fox News......they should get more of that.

He may want to ban a few guns, that ain't good, but hey.......999 out of 1000 ain't bad.

:flag: :flag: :flag:

Yea no hate in your post :lol:
Last edited by sansooshooter on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
sansooshooter

Postby White Horseradish on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:19 am

St. Olaf wrote:Ellison is a superb example of exactly what a politician should be--intelligent, courageous, passionate, and compassionate.

That was hardly a display of intelligence. Sure, he's passionate. WTF was he passionate about? What was the point of that rant? All I got out of it was "Hannity, you suck" and "rah, rah Obama". This show of immaturity makes me doubt his ability to make rational decisions under pressure. If he explodes like that in a fairly insignificant interview, what happens when something important is on the line?

--John Nada, "They Live"
White Horseradish

Postby St. Olaf on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:31 am

White Horseradish wrote:
St. Olaf wrote:Ellison is a superb example of exactly what a politician should be--intelligent, courageous, passionate, and compassionate.

Sure, he's passionate. WTF was he passionate about? What was the point of that rant? All I got out of it was "Hannity, you suck" and "rah, rah Obama".

The point was--Fox News LIES......constantly.

That's exactly what he said in plain English.

I suppose for those who eagerly guzzle the Fox News Kool-Aide.....that seems like ranting.

:booyah: :booyah: :booyah:
St. Olaf

Postby White Horseradish on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:43 am

St. Olaf wrote:The point was--Fox News LIES......constantly.

That's exactly what he said in plain English.
Ah, so it's "Fox, you suck". And the point of that is? To get a pat on the back from people who already support him?

Pretty cheap theater.

St. Olaf wrote:I suppose for those who eagerly guzzle the Fox News Kool-Aide.....that seems like ranting.

:booyah: :booyah: :booyah:
I don't watch broadcast news of any stripe. And you might want to rethink your assumptions. Just because I'm not rooting for your team doesn't mean I'm drinking someone's Kool-Aid. Take two steps back, put down the big foam finger, and look at this rationally, if you can.

--John Nada, "They Live"
White Horseradish

PreviousNext

Return to Politics