2024 Candidate Scorecards

Firearms related political discussion forum

2024 Candidate Scorecards

Postby warrlac on Wed Aug 21, 2024 12:48 pm

I made the comment in the most recent gun club newsletter that the only people who will be talking about "gun violence' this November will be the Democrats.

I also said that the GOP is likely going to be silent regarding its position on private ownership of firearms because taking a strong 2A position would probably result in a net loss of votes in the election. To clarify, the pro-2A voters have already decided to support the GOP but a hard line pro-gun stance might push independent voters away...

Not sure whether today's NRA even gets the time of day from political candidates however I believe that we will be getting some information on Minnesota's election from the MNGOC soon. Certainly we should support pro-2A candidates and perhaps even tip our hats to the DFL legislators who saw the light last session and voted against their party's stupid anti-gun legislation.
warrlac

Re: 2024 Candidate Scorecards

Postby bstrawse on Wed Aug 21, 2024 5:14 pm

warrlac wrote:I made the comment in the most recent gun club newsletter that the only people who will be talking about "gun violence' this November will be the Democrats.

I also said that the GOP is likely going to be silent regarding its position on private ownership of firearms because taking a strong 2A position would probably result in a net loss of votes in the election. To clarify, the pro-2A voters have already decided to support the GOP but a hard line pro-gun stance might push independent voters away...

Not sure whether today's NRA even gets the time of day from political candidates however I believe that we will be getting some information on Minnesota's election from the MNGOC soon. Certainly we should support pro-2A candidates and perhaps even tip our hats to the DFL legislators who saw the light last session and voted against their party's stupid anti-gun legislation.

We will have a complete voters guide out before Labor day - with ratings & endorsements.

There are no DFL legislators in the house that voted pro-2A that are running for re-election. The Senate isn't up until 2026.

Thanks,
Bryan
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Aug 22, 2024 7:17 am

bstrawse wrote:
warrlac wrote:I made the comment in the most recent gun club newsletter that the only people who will be talking about "gun violence' this November will be the Democrats.

We will have a complete voters guide out before Labor day - with ratings & endorsements.

There are no DFL legislators in the house that voted pro-2A that are running for re-election. The Senate isn't up until 2026.

Thanks,
Bryan

That last fact is very scary.
Holland&Holland

Postby Jackpine Savage on Thu Aug 22, 2024 7:37 am

The lines are drawn.
Jackpine Savage

Return to Politics