Instructor Training

Instructors can post their training and permit class info

Instructor Training

Postby marquette26 on Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:40 pm

I would like to just let people know about the upcoming USCCA Instructor Class coming up in Maple Grove December 6-8. I am not connected to USCCA but I did take the class this weekend and really feel like it is worth it as an instructor. They don't push products other than Michael's book and PowerPoint and its not a sales pitch, it's how to utilize it to it's full potential. The biggest things I took from this class is the marketing tips and strategies and other tools to help run a small business. And the added benefit is you are certified to teach more states if you want to. The NRA is great when it comes to education but I honestly think that USCCA is going above what the NRA can do and is offering continuing support for the Certified Instructors. This is from the website for the Instructor Certification https://www.usccainstructors.com/uscca- ... cation.asp

Here’s What to Expect...
"Fully branded" credentials will allow you to add an official USCCA certification to your credentials and be part of searchable class listings on the USCCA website.
Designed to be a turn-key solution for concealed carry instructors, you will be prepared to teach our materials the moment you leave.
Leverage the lessons covered in our PowerPoint presentation, and integrate/utilize the textbook to get your students fully engaged in your classes. Chief Instructor Michael Martin will teach you how!
Become a marketing powerhouse and fill your classes to capacity. Learn advanced marketing techniques to help you succeed in your business. Get access to our best marketing materials, including scripts and templates for Google Adwords, Bing/Yahoo, and Facebook ads, newspaper ads, and radio ads.
Enhance your teaching/instruction skills through participation in hands-on breakout sessions. You will get a chance to do a short USCCA instructor presentation to a group to improve your teaching style. You'll also have the chance to practice running a range qualification.
Expand your network by meeting like-minded instructors and share ideas/experiences with some of the most accomplished concealed carry instructors in the business.
With full access to the USCCA Instructor Portal, you will be able to list your class schedules and prospective students will be able to enroll in them. Resources like instructor certification renewal will also be available to you.
marquette26

Re: Instructor Training

Postby TTS on Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:56 pm

Chris, thanks for the review. It looks like a great course!

ETA: I forgot to ask, what states does this cert allow you to train for that the NRA cert does not?
Owner
Tactical Training Solutions
Specializing in Self Defense and Firearms Training
http://www.minnesotaccw.com
TTS

Postby princewally on Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:15 am

TTS wrote:Chris, thanks for the review. It looks like a great course!

ETA: I forgot to ask, what states does this cert allow you to train for that the NRA cert does not?

The USCCA Instructor Training is recognized in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Ohio, Maine, Michigan, and Idaho. It qualifies as prerequisite training to become a certified instructor in Utah, Illinois, and Mississippi. Illinois has approved the curriculum. Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska are expected to approve the training within a week or so. More states are in different stages of approval. When we're done, we expect to have our students approved (either outright or as prerequisite training) in about 25 states.

Space is limited. You can find out more here.

Full disclosure: I work for the USCCA, I am heavily involved in running the program, and I teach part of the course.
Of the people, By the People, For the People. The government exists to serve us, not the reverse.
princewally

Postby princewally on Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:54 pm

TTS wrote:Chris, thanks for the review. It looks like a great course!

Just got word that Florida is accepting the instructor certification, too. With this, you don't have to be an NRA instructor to give out a cert good in Florida.
Of the people, By the People, For the People. The government exists to serve us, not the reverse.
princewally

Re: USCCA Instructor Training

Postby IDPA Shooter on Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:55 pm

I attended this training class in Maple Grove last weekend and there were 30 plus instructor candidates in the class. The class also had some instructors from the WI class last month , who were just auditing the class. The class was extremely well done and Michael Martin, local author and the USCCA's Chief Instructor did a masterfull job of leading the class.

I attended the class with my training partners Jon and Trent and with Sig Doc. All 4 of us are NRA certified in PPITH and Jon, Trent and I have years of exprience training. I did pick up a number of useful training tips and the PowerPoints and video sare really awesome. While a lot of the material was review, the graphics they provide and the way it integrates with the Michael's outstanding book will certainly enhance our classes.

Our own Prince Wally did an excellent session on how and where to advertise classses using social media and Google ads, etc. We don't run big classes, nor do we want too. We generally just teach once a month. However, it is not very profitable to team teach an 8 person class in the first class facility we rent. That is why we wanted to bring in more folks. We still plan a 7 hour class for new shooters and 5 hours. We are definitely not the cheapest class in town , nor do we want to be.

I also very much liked the USCCA training doctrine, don't get into politics in class, no cursing or demeaning students, don't talk about other instructors and answer questions before, during and after class. Specifically mentioned as a question to avoid asking was "who was your instructor" ? Instead we were asked to just clearly answer the question.

Bottom line, I really liked it and think they are off to a great start!
Bob Jahn NRA CRSO, IDPA 5 Gunner
USCCA Certified Training Counselor
NRA Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun, Advanced Pistol Instructor
Massad Ayoob Group Instructor
Defense Training Intl (John Farnam) Instructor

http://www.rejfirearmstraining.com
IDPA Shooter

Return to Training