Component-Safe Swap Thread

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Re: Component-Safe Swap Thread

Postby FJ540 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:34 pm

That was Saturday of last week.

I have some match federal small rifle primers from them that were $37 purchased the week after Sandy Hook. I figured that's what cabela's was selling regular primers for, so why not.
FJ540

Postby OldmanFCSA on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:44 pm

FJ540 wrote:Wolfs Den is selling 100 primers for 3.99 and has a max of 300. So that's $40/K.

They haven't been under $31 this year.

About 1 month ago I bought 1K of small rifle for $27.00, now they call me a hoarder, not understanding that I gave/sold them to a new reloader for same price.

Anyone need 154 pcs of BARRETT (IMI) Match-prepped 50BMG brass? Make me a trade offer.
I also have a State Arms Shorty 50BMG for sale (previously owned by Goalie), still thinking of a fair price, so make a reasonable offer and I will think about it. Need money for Medical Bills.

And I hate selling my toys for paying bills, but reality hit home hard this month.

Buy the 50, I will teach you how to reload for rock-busters or for 1000 yard match competition - FREE INSTRUCTION = components at my cost.

(when first seeing this topic, somehow I read it as Wife Swap Thread)
OldmanFCSA

Component-Safe Swap Thread

Postby xd ED on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:26 pm

FJ540 wrote:That was Saturday of last week.

I have some match federal small rifle primers from them that were $37 purchased the week after Sandy Hook. I figured that's what cabela's was selling regular primers for, so why not.

I was there- Wolfs Den- a week ago today. Didn't see the price tags, but there was the '300 limit sign' on a near empty shelf.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby bpacman on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:07 pm

MrVvrroomm wrote:
FJ540 wrote:Wolfs Den is selling 100 primers for 3.99 and has a max of 300. So that's $40/K.

They haven't been under $31 this year.

Hmmmmm?

You are Special aren't you MrVvrroomm?

You may not believe me but I still have the last box of "Winchester" WSR that I bought their in December. Their Federal primers cost a little more.

But you are right and thank you for proving to me that having a separate area on this forum for honest trading probably wouldn't work out. Too many people on here just wouldn't play nice because they believe their mission is to win arguments and bully other people. I am too old to put up with this type of ****.

Have a Nice Day!!

Bp
Good Judgement comes from Experience....Unfortunately a lot of that comes from Bad Judgement.
bpacman

Postby CarRacer on Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:25 pm

^ I don't know what that guys deal is but my stuff is still available for trade. Shoot me offers, it's just sitting at my house doing nothing.
CarRacer

Postby MrVvrroomm on Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:32 pm

CarRacer wrote:^ I don't know what that guys deal is but my stuff is still available for trade. Shoot me offers, it's just sitting at my house doing nothing.

FTW LOL
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?

Certified Glock Armorer

engnerdan wrote:First he beat me up on the price. Then he made me deliver it. Then he made me drive to Roseville to pick up my money.
MrVvrroomm
Changed

Postby MrVvrroomm on Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:54 pm

I've got a single spent casing from a Mk-42 5-inch/54 caliber gun. It was shortened a bit, probably not reloadable. This round was fired 23 March 1986 in the Gulf of Sidra off the coast of Libya. I was present when this spent casing was ejected.

I'm putting a trade value on it of $1000. Will trade for Federal small pistol primers or Winchester small rifle primers.
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?

Certified Glock Armorer

engnerdan wrote:First he beat me up on the price. Then he made me deliver it. Then he made me drive to Roseville to pick up my money.
MrVvrroomm
Changed

Postby CarRacer on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:14 pm

That was fired on my third birthday.

Now you feel old and I feel young. The internet is awesome.
CarRacer

Postby MaryB on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:47 pm

Wanted small pistol primers
MaryB

Postby benny on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:54 pm

I could offer my M1 Abrahms tank spent round, but it makes a great training aid for my FAS classes.

I do have all kinds of rifle brass I will trade for primers. I have everything from .30/30 to .300 win mag, .270 wsm and even some in nickle if you like. Not much pistol but could scrounge up some .38 sp or .357 mag if you have some smpp/smrp's to trade.

Benny
benny

Postby gp55445 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:12 pm

Once again this forum is filled with @ssholes. Someone is trying to do the right thing and the MNGT elite are giving us their 2 cents. I guess when you buy an OD G22 on this board and sell it on Armslist the next second for +$100 I guess market price is set for those that troll daily.

The maturity level here is sad at best.
gp55445

Postby LarryFlew on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:18 pm

We are required to grow older but we are NOT required to grow up.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby qualcorp on Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:27 pm

bpacman wrote:
MrVvrroomm wrote:
bpacman wrote:Too me this trade is worth 1k of primers...
Even prior to Sandy Hook, when was the last time you bought 1K primers for $25?

You obviously live to far south to visit a favorite place of mine. Wolf Den has been selling Winchester Primers for $25 per 1k for the last two years.

They are still selling at that price when in stock.

Bp

Last time I was at Den' they were not $25.00 not that long ago, unless there is more than one. Just picked these up from a shop in Rochester today. There was a limit. The mag tech are LPP. The last Winchester I bought were $39.99 and I believe that was from Sheels.
Attachments
primers.JPG
" I know the voices aren't real but they have some good ideas"

“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
qualcorp

Postby benny on Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:46 pm

These prices are still better than the jerk on Craigs list selling CCI for $70 per 1K.

Benny
benny

Postby NorthrenMN on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:57 pm

I have a couple mags AR-15 20rd and 30rd if anyone can use them they have been around the house for 20 years i have no use for them. Not much for hand gun casings passed them off to new reloader he was having hardtime finding componets.I do have a couple hundred federal large pistol magnum primers. Around here the small shops have been getting powder and some primers but the primers or in back and you have to ask.
NorthrenMN

PreviousNext

Return to Ammunition & Reloading